Club History Port to wear prison bar guernsey twice in 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly can't comprehend how anyone can call themselves a PAFC supporter yet not care about our reserves team or the club's history. But then I don't really get the theatre goer "supporters"

They apparently don't care about the Magpies OR the History, but they'll also be alienated if the club ever references either of them.

I mean seriously, is there even one person like this?

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
I was also responding to the assertion that wearing the bars is confusing to young people. It's insulting the intelligence of Port supporters
My big issue is if we think unless your a Port Magpies fan or have heavy interest in their past that you aren't a Power fan well we are seriously ****ed going fwd.

We can't be so narrow minded in a national competition now. Our Alberton roots has a ceiling, that ceiling isn't enough for a national competition.

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
They apparently don't care about the Magpies OR the History, but they'll also be alienated if the club ever references either of them.

I mean seriously, is there even one person like this?
When we started the 1 club idea years ago there were many calling up 5aa suggesting they didn't agree, whether or not you can trust their colours is another matter, but you can only go on face value.

When we started the 1 club idea years ago there were many calling up 5aa suggesting they didn't agree, whether or not you can trust their colours is another matter, but you can only go on face value.

How about you check our membership numbers SINCE the one club merger, not rely on a hazy memory of a shitful talkback show with fake callers.

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
How about you check our membership numbers SINCE the one club merger, not rely on a hazy memory of a s**tful talkback show with fake callers.
The numbers that dropped this year? The on field success and move to Adelaide Oval could easily count for increased membership too.... Or heaven forbid, doing as Kochie initially said and grow the brand outside Albertons post code...

You cant put it all down to one club.

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
I haven't said that though - nor is it something I believe - so I'm not sure why you're arguing with me.
Not arguing, just stating why I see the issue being raised with making the Magpies some sort of prerequisite for the Power.

The numbers that dropped this year? The on field success and move to Adelaide Oval could easily count for increased membership too.... Or heaven forbid, doing as Kochie initially said and grow the brand outside Albertons post code...

You cant put it all down to one club.

So they dropped this year because we're confusing the young'uns with Prison Bar guernsey stuff?

Is that what you are proposing?

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
So they dropped this year because we're confusing the young'uns with Prison Bar guernsey stuff?

Is that what you are proposing?
Since when did I say that?

They dropped as we are losing....as we lost a girl favourite.... Many reasons.

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
I honestly can't comprehend how anyone can call themselves a PAFC supporter yet not care about our reserves team or the club's history. But then I don't really get the theatre goer "supporters"
Well if you keep that mindset you'll be following the Tassie Power.

The Magpies will be gone too.

Pretty simple concept.
What?! That's a non-sequitur.

Mate, all Steve has said is that he supports the Port Adelaide Football Club, the one born in 1870 out of a cricket club in Port Adelaide, SA; which has changed colours until settling with black and white; that has become the most accomplished football club in Australia wearing an iconic guernsey; the only traditional club outside of Victoria to have joined the AFL.

He supports the black/white/teal/silver Power because that's the Port's team in the AFL. He supports the black/white Magpies because that's the Port's team in the SANFL. A Tassie Power wouldn't be neither.

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
People respect the past, but lets embrace the future, like others have said, if we concentrate on the past there will be no future
Embracing the future without acknowledging the past is nonsensical. We can only embrace the future knowing who we are. Otherwise, we will never know what we can be.

Yes, dont have to listen to this absolute crap beyond next year. Prison bars are the past, teal is the future.

#notealnodeal
Pretty disrespectful to call the Prison Bars subject "absolute crap" you should be ashamed of yourself.

Without the club laying the foundations with over a century of success, there would be no Tom Jonas teal pre-season jumpers hanging on your wall or Planet Teal websites with crossword puzzles for you to play on.

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
He supports the black/white/teal/silver Power because that's the Port's team in the AFL. He supports the black/white Magpies because that's the Port's team in the SANFL. A Tassie Power wouldn't be neither.
How's the SA population going? Ageing, we actually were the only state recently that had a declining forecast, how do you reckon that would translate for us???

If you cant see the issue with trying to grow the club with such a specific prerequisite...

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
Without the club laying the foundations with over a century of success, there would be no Tom Jonas teal pre-season jumpers hanging on your wall or Planet Teal websites with crossword puzzles for you to play on.
And without the Teal clad 13yo girl who grew up with a Wingard poster we'd be dead too...

It goes both ways.

And without the Teal clad 13yo girl who grew up with a Wingard poster we'd be dead too...
Somebody might want to check on her since Wingard got traded.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Have you ever thought that not everybody at port adelaide want pb all the time, and are supporters of other sanfl, clubs like centrals, woodville, that wouldnt be caught dead supporting adelaide, so support port adelaide. There would be 50% of the supporter base like this. They respect the port adelaide history, but are happy with current history and enjoy the players playing in back in black.

Most on here are rusty old people, that cant accept change and are just whingers, about the coach, and think port should have won 5 flags already, and its the management, coaches and certain players fault. Ffs
50% you say.

Can you show me the data that supports that?

Because the actual data shows a very different story.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
That's pretty average of you all to jump on people that don't necessarily follow or care about the Magpies....

There are s**t loads in that boat. If you only think a Port fan has to be a Magpies fan, fu** we are in deep s**t long term.

Pretty narrow minded view to suggest its the be all and end all for all fans. As Kochie said, you need to grow the brand, SANFL is irrelevant for youth of today.

As for this deal... It's stupid. Heard never again before though...
If the SANFL is irrelevant why the * would anyone care if we wore the PB?

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
How's the SA population going? Ageing, we actually were the only state recently that had a declining forecast, how do you reckon that would translate for us???

If you cant see the issue with trying to grow the club with such a specific prerequisite...
It wasn't an issue for me...

Praising local roots and history has an universal appeal, didn't you know?

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yeah ok, seen my username??? Not overly bright are you.

If someone doesn't agree with you they are a troll?

If you cant understand that going forward we need to grow the brand otherwise the club will continually get worse well you are beyond help.

But hey, because 20k die hard sit in the rain and watch the s**t show every week, that's ok?
How did our attendance numbers go when we ignored the Magpies and went all Port Power FC?

The One Club initiative is the best thing the club has done in recent times.

Anyone who cant see this is a troll or a fool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back