Autopsy Port v Brisbane

Sep 20, 2007
Dungeon
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Bring us more Antonovs

049d2bccdecfac6b9f3552fa623e454b
Easily the moment of the night. Mate I sit with works at the airport and told everyone it only comes here every few months. Some redemption for me after dragging my 4 year old to the footy to watch that crap in the rain. He loves planes.

Terrorise. Great stuff. How we make our community proud.

Your lesson today Ken is to learn the difference between Port Adelaide aggression and Glenelg aggression.

Perhaps Ken could have used any other word but no he blunders into a word that's a white hot button around the world

Port coach Ken Hinkley told Fox Footy's David King before the match the plan was to "terrorise" Neale.

Onya Ken. Still from a man who slings tea over his shoulder pre our China game maybe my expectations of you are too sensible.
OT I know, but it says that was Cameron's 100th game for the Lions? Surely he's only been there a season or two?

Magpiespower

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan
Dec 16, 2004
Salisbury
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
A few here would remember when we picked Max James for the 1984 grand final. It played out like that idea. Not well.

Haha, that was Max’s only league game in 1984 (and his last league game it turned out.)

His selection puzzled me for years. By chance, Max filled-in for Jack Cahill at a Sportsman’s Night at our footy club, same night as the ‘99 night grand final when Hawthorn spanked us. So, of course I asked him about it.

Said he had no idea he was being considered to come in for Benny Harris. So the day before the grand final, he’s making a few extra quid digging ditches. Literally digging ditches.

That night, absolutely spent, he gets a call from Russell saying he’s in.

Max is like, wtf? Tells him he’s been digging ditches all day. Legit BEGS him not to play.

“RUSSELL, I’M ROOTED!”

But Russ insisted, lol...

Last edited:

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
Just need some more captains
Yep we only had 5 out there last night who in one capacity or another have captained Port Adelaide this year.
Boak
Jonas
Ollie
Dooogs
Sutcliffe

It gives us the best'est youse knows most possible chances to win.

Geez even Hammer struggled and was visibly upset in the 2nd qtr. Broke my heart looking at him.
Burton gave Jonas a filthy look too in the 2nd when he kicked out to him after a point only for the ball to come straight back.
I felt sick at times watching us. After awhile I just laughed at our Benny Hill footyball. Come 1/2 time I just walked out and
joined the crowd streaming across the bridge. A sad bad night all round. Not sure I want to watch the replay.

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
Haha, that was Max’s only league game in 1984 (and his last league game it turned out.)

His selection puzzled me for years. By chance, Max filled-in for Jack Cahill at a Sportsman’s Night at our footy club, same night as the ‘99 night grand final when Hawthorn spanked us. So, of course I asked him about it.

Said he had no idea he was being considered to come in for Benny Harris. So the day before the grand final, he’s making a few extra quid digging ditches. Literally digging ditches.

That night, absolutely spent, he gets a call from Russell saying he’s in.

Max is like, wtf? Tells him he’s been digging ditches all day. Legit BEGS him not to play.

“RUSSELL, I’M ROOTED!”

But Russ insisted, lol...
I see and talk to Max a fair bit because of where he works. As humble, quiet and likeable guy you'll ever meet.

Last edited:

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
Picking a tagger in theory wasn't the problem it's just you need a good one and not have a such a hard-on sole focus for one oppo player.. win the the bloody ball and "terrorize" (lol) is a distant ******* secondary agenda.
An oppo player for whom you were part of his wedding party. Felt for Cam last night who probably thought sheesh thanks Ken.
Oh and btw didn't the advertiser have fun picking their perfect pic for the back page.

OT I know, but it says that was Cameron's 100th game for the Lions? Surely he's only been there a season or two?

27th for the Lions. He played 73 for Adelaide.

Duckimus Prime

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yep we only had 5 out there last night who in one capacity or another have captained Port Adelaide this year.
Boak
Jonas
Ollie
Dooogs
Sutcliffe

It gives us the best'est youse knows most possible chances to win.

Its actually 6. Westhoff was acting Captain for the Magpies against Norf, because Sutcliffe was held over as the emergency for Houston.

May 9, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Reminder: We took Nathan Blee, an undersized key defender, before him.
He ended playing local footy in Perth, I didn't play against him but did see him play when I watched a mate run around in one of my bye weeks. I did think then that seems a waste of talent but there you go.

B0ydmental

It used to hurt
Sep 18, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What a night of sport. Djokovic beats Federer in a five set epic decided in the first ever fifth set 12 all tie break in the men's Wimbledon final.

England win the one day cricket World Cup on the last ball of a super over.

Port Adelaide play Brisbane and are beaten 7 minutes into the first quarter.

One of these things is not like the others.
Ummm, And the Aussie team won the Bastille day stage of the Tour of France

Rexie J

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2012
YP
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yep was one of the dumbest announcements by our coaching group ever and also gave the commentators open slather to go on and on about Port’s ‘rough house’ tactics. I have seen dumb before, but this was the dumbest.
Also the umps had a heads up from get go.

Feel a bit for Sutcliffe, in hindsight he was doomed from the start! First AFL game for a long time against a skilled and quick Brisbane outfit who were well prepared by OUR coaches for the inevitable tag. Will likely mess him up mentally.

I'm still struggling to get past the first ten minutes or so, let alone the entire first quarter.

There are simply no words to describe that level of stupidity in Sutcliffe's selection and the roughing up antics. So dumb it can't be called a tactic.

Back