Autopsy Port v Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

The day after and I'm still at a loss.

All she had to do was catch 3 footballs in a tub for an easy 1k.

Don't even get me started on the perfect pear. I reckon old mate was a Hinkley sympathizer and she was having none of it.

Last edited:

Sutcliffe simply stands in Neales way so he can't get the ball. Meanwhile several Brisbane players treat Sutcliffe like a punching bag and the umps don't care.

The highlight of yesterday's match - the Antonov arriving:

qxOEq2M.jpg
When I saw it I was hoping that someone had organised a rendition flight for Ken and the rest of the PAFC "brains trust".

Mitch Robinson was Robbo’s ‘Monday Hero’.

Other selected highlights included Sutcliffe getting effortlessly knocked off the ball by Zorko (goal) and hacking a panic kick which ultimately passed into Lyons’ hands (goal).

File alongside McKenzie’s one-off turn against Essendon last year.

Embarrassment is an understatement. I don’t think I’ve been that disappointed in our performance in a long, long term. But it wasn’t the capitulation from the first bounce that sucked the joy from that game, rather it was the white flag waved in the coaches box.

That game showed a coaching group who lacked understanding of their opposition, who lacked guise and tact when they telegraphed their ‘tactic’ 5 weeks ago, who do not know how to get the players up week to week, who do not understand the players we have, who have decided on a gameplan that doesn’t appear sustainable and that doesn’t fit our list or perhaps our list isn’t capable of performing and who simply do not know how to get the best out of this list and to get us to a flag.

Who thought that debuting a 27 yr old slow, tagger with indifferent form, in place of a quick, hard running outside mid was a good idea? Why were McKenzie and Ryder the other potential ins -did we suddenly decide to completely reverse our youth push? Why did we think this fake toughness was a good idea and, indeed, if we thought that’s what would spark us then we have huge issues? And who possibly allowed that cowardly crap to go ahead? We are now not only losers and underachievers but chicken-hearted, and would have raised the ire of the league were it not for our comedic ability to make ourselves an embarrassment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Other selected highlights included Sutcliffe getting effortlessly knocked off the ball by Zorko (goal) and hacking a panic kick which ultimately passed into Lyons’ hands (goal).

I'm actually worried about our key defenders at the moment.

Clurey is fine, Jonas is having a stinker of a year, Burton isn't really a key back, Howard is up forward, McKenzie will be delisted, Lienert more of a flanker, Grundy is a broomstick.

Clurey is fine, Jonas is having a stinker of a year, Burton isn't really a key back, Howard is up forward, McKenzie will be delisted, Lienert more of a flanker, Grundy is a broomstick.
My feeling is that we haven't really had good key defenders since Wakelin retired and I think it's a big part of why our second dozen years in the AFL have been so much poorer than our first dozen.

Sure, we've had a few guys who have been serviceable at times but I don't think we've had consistently good players as guys like Mead, Paxman, Wakelin, Cornes and Montgomery were.

Last edited:
Embarrassment is an understatement. I don’t think I’ve been that disappointed in our performance in a long, long term. But it wasn’t the capitulation from the first bounce that sucked the joy from that game, rather it was the white flag waved in the coaches box.

That game showed a coaching group who lacked understanding of their opposition, who lacked guise and tact when they telegraphed their ‘tactic’ 5 weeks ago, who do not know how to get the players up week to week, who do not understand the players we have, who have decided on a gameplan that doesn’t appear sustainable and that doesn’t fit our list or perhaps our list isn’t capable of performing and who simply do not know how to get the best out of this list and to get us to a flag.

Who thought that debuting a 27 yr old slow, tagger with indifferent form, in place of a quick, hard running outside mid was a good idea? Why were McKenzie and Ryder the other potential ins -did we suddenly decide to completely reverse our youth push? Why did we think this fake toughness was a good idea and, indeed, if we thought that’s what would spark us then we have huge issues? And who possibly allowed that cowardly crap to go ahead? We are now not only losers and underachievers but chicken-hearted, and would have raised the ire of the league were it not for our comedic ability to make ourselves an embarrassment.
Yep. You thread heavily but you speak the truth. Your angry and so you should be. "Terrorise" an opponent FMD. Matty Lloyd called it for
what it was with the usual hyperbole "worst loss he's seen in a decade"
The point is we drew attention to ourselves (thanks Ken) then couldn't back it up. Voss unapologetic, well no surprise there from
a guy with form re public violence.

Which ever way you look at it, it achieved nothing. In fact it probably helped get Brisbane up n about, if so it was all a nett negative.
Your a genius Ken

I actually think our defenders and our midfield would look a whole lot better with a better game plan, better instructions, more accountability and more targeted practice of certain skills.

I actually think don’t think it would matter if we had an all Australian lineup playing for us, the coaching, game plan and skills practice would make them look like ammos within one season

It's a yawning gaping hole and we let Logan Austin go for a packet of chips. Maybe he wasn't our saviour but sheesh we got nothing for him.
Thanks Bassett.

Too preoccupied with playing the man almost all night. As an example: I noticed for most of the first half (the half I was able to get through) players were wearing their man too closely and not pushing off to attack the ball; a number of times I noticed Hartlett too caught up with staying on his player that he didn't attack the ball when he could have and instead waited for his direct opponent to be brought into the action. Great way to nullify any kind of attacking footy if that was the directive going in.

I’m still giggling at Jonts describing Sutcliffe as an U14 player standing in for his older brother’s team. In the gameday thread.

I've worked out who Sutcliffe is reminding me of.

Every 14 year old that has to play U18s because his older brothers team is short.

The high number
less body mass than everyone else out there
looks visibly shocked at how fast the game is and isnt keeping up
copping the easy free kick from the umps when he gets roughed up

He genuinely ticks all the boxes

I think we lack a proper gun key defender. Jonas isn't it. We need a star back, not a loose man but primarily a one on one type.

Clurey and Lienert are repurposed flankers and Howard is your third man up of a bygone era before all defenders were expected to mark if in good position.

Do any full forwards making their way down to position see our back six set up and think to themselves it could be a tough day at the office? I would doubt it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All this analysis of tactics and where it all went wrong, I'm a simple person so all I saw was a heap of blokes who couldn't kick properly, couldn't hold a mark, fumbled ground balls all day and basically just couldn't handle the pressure applied by a very good opponent. Makes tactics a bit irrelevant when you can't execute basic skills. If we got those things right and won the game all this talk about the Neale treatment would be totally different, just like in round 1 with Max Gawn.

On HTC Desire 650 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back