Game Day Port v Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

The constant talk of Marshall's potential is approaching John Butcher levels. I've been wrong before (Amon) and I know we all wanted the fairy tale ending to the horrible story he's had. But unless we commit to another use for him, how long can you keep talking about potential?
Shocker for majority of the game but our forward structure always looks better when Dixon is up there; Marshall and Georgi both play better roles with Dixon up there and they've been further hurt this season due to his lack of impact. Dixon only got involved in the final quarter tonight which is the only quarter where he was in that FF role. The problem, constantly created, was that Dixon was in the ruck because Hinkley, as he's done for 5 years, refuses to replace our first ruck with another ruck. It's Trengove, Howard, Dixon, Ladhams who got called up rather than a proper ruck and we watch as our structure around the ground gets destroyed. Selection table when players are down or out has been one of our biggest weaknesses under Ken.

How the f*ck we lose that? First quarter embarrassing. Cost us the game. All over them in general play for 3 quarters and still lose. Marshall, rozee hang your heads
They were over us in the third and it was a draw in the last. Advantage Bulldogs. They made us look stupid too often tonight. They were harder and much, much faster and slicker even allowing for throws

Shocker for majority of the game but our forward structure always looks better when Dixon is up there; Marshall and Georgi both play better roles with Dixon up there and they've been further hurt this season due to his lack of impact. Dixon only got involved in the final quarter tonight which is the only quarter where he was in that FF role. The problem, constantly created, was that Dixon was in the ruck because Hinkley, as he's done for 5 years, refuses to replace our first ruck with another ruck. It's Trengove, Howard, Dixon, Ladhams who got called up rather than a proper ruck and we watch as our structure around the ground gets destroyed. Selection table when players are down or out has been one of our biggest weaknesses under Ken.
Ok... But Marshall hasn't done anything with any sort of consistency for years, with or without a ruck.

I made a prediction, which everyone does before the game. I was being realistic. I still got to the ground and supported our team as I always do.

Good on you. But it's pretty pathetic to call up a post from early in the day and have a crack because I was actually supporting team. Like I said you sat on it all day hoping they would win so you could have some sad little victory. Well enjoy it.

Hinkley is a weight on this club.

How he's managed to coach as long as he has without a shed of evidence he's capable of dealing with better teams is amazing and putrid at the same time
Surely our forward coach deserves some heat too. With the talent we supposedly have we sure underperform.

Keep in mind we won the free kick count 25-23.

Some shockers went our way as well.

It felt worse than it was because some of those against us or missed for us were noticeably terrible and quite a few came in a stretch that killed our momentum at a time where if they hadn't come we could have piled on a few more.

I don't reckon it was enough to use as an excuse for the result.
A good chunk of their game was throwing the ball around which didn't get called out. "Noticeably terrible" is accurate but "Horribly unfair" was also going around.

The fact that we played below what we could have explains the result, but it doesn't excuse the umpiring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good on you. But it's pretty pathetic to call up a post from early in the day and have a crack because I was actually supporting team. Like I said you sat on it all day hoping they would win so you could have some sad little victory. Well enjoy it.
Likewise, it was pathetic to insult anyone who who was predicting a Bulldogs win, when every game day thread has always been full of posters making predictions either way. Given the quality of the opposition and our lack of reliability when the going gets tough, a Bulldogs win was not an unreasonable prediction.

And don't say I was hoping for a Bulldogs win. That is utter shite and you know it.

Likewise, it was pathetic to insult anyone who who was predicting a Bulldogs win, when every game day thread has always been full of posters making predictions either way. Given the quality of the opposition and our lack of reliability when the going gets tough, a Bulldogs win was not an unreasonable prediction.

And don't say I was hoping for a Bulldogs win. That is utter sh*te and you know it.

Enjoy your win. No really.

I reckon the criticism of Marshall has been over the top. Yep, he missed a set shot and should have taken the other one but he was presenting and offering options most of the day. He wasn’t our best but he wasn’t our worst by a long way.
Yep absolute whipping boy status.

Made a mistake after 3 good games and gets 100 straight posts about it.

That game was a Hinkley special, dreadful 1st qtr, followed by a fight back to get on terms, and then the bottle at crucial times in the second half with a mixture of sh*t pot entries or forwards who couldn't catch a cold under what is often not much more than perceived pressure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back