Game Day Port v Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely our forward coach deserves some heat too. With the talent we supposedly have we sure underperform.

Possibly

But a good senior coach would look at the trash that is thrown up continuously over an extened period and say "nah - not doing that anymore".

What you see is Ken's baby. It's his limited grasp on anything that is footy.

Kick it long. 3 or 4 guys all fly over Dixon. Crumb. Win the hard ball then zone when they have it.

That's about what $700+k/yr brings to the table.

I’m starting to wonder if our game paln is just too hard to maintain week in week out, no ,matter how good the players.
Something’s not right.
We desperately need some skilled speedy mids, another genuine tall defender and sort out our forward line, MG and Dixon for mine, Marshall needs to go back to the Maggies and find some form.

The season is long and we're still a good chance but we've got to lift, been deadset ordinary since we landed in Brisbane.
. Based on the competition we are probably anywhere between 5th and 8th. We are 10% off skill and execution to make the top 4. This loss has lost us a lot of credibility as a contender now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our bottom 5 players were really really soft today

Bergman, Frederick, Burton, Farrell and Marshall all were weak at the contest and provided nothing to the team. Hard to play well when 5 out of your best 22 aren’t doing anything.

Also Drew, I like you. But get more of the ball in your hands lad. Do more. Work harder. You have skills but your tank and work rate is SANFL like.

Possibly

But a good senior coach would look at the trash that is thrown up continuously over an extened period and say "nah - not doing that anymore".

What you see is Ken's baby. It's his limited grasp on anything that is footy.

Kick it long. 3 or 4 guys all fly over Dixon. Crumb. Win the hard ball then zone when they have it.

That's about what $700+k/yr brings to the table.
Ken Hinkley is a good people person, but an absolutely awful match day coach. He's way out of his depth and continues to get exposed by better coaches on match day. How Hinkley continues to escape any sort of scrutiny from the media is just baffling.

I reckon the criticism of Marshall has been over the top. Yep, he missed a set shot and should have taken the other one but he was presenting and offering options most of the day. He wasn’t our best but he wasn’t our worst by a long way.

I think most are more dissapointed 'for' him than 'in' him. He gets to good positions but is consistently dropping overhead marks...sometimes with little (if any) contact.
We really need him to go into God
mode asap.

Key forwards need to own the moment. Marshall's kick for goal wasn't even that hard.
Marshall always looks inside for a better option and as usual picked it out perfectly, can’t blame him for Wines going for it for absolutely no reason.

Really don’t understand what people are complaining about with this one. He took the percentage option because he wanted to win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back