Autopsy Port v Collingwood Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Neade was frenetic at it and his tackles actually stuck. He was marking the ball and I actually liked how he backed himself in to kick a goal. There wasn't any noticeable arm waving, corralling players or guarding grass.

My question is will he keep up this quality next week? FWIW I hope he does. (we all know he aint coming out of the team this week).

I'm usually a big hater of Neade but geez he was actually one of our best players on the weekend. We have a lack of guys who actually apply pressure. People think Impey does as they assume he must when he has been offering very little elsewhere. However, Neade was our best player at applying pressure and forcing opponents into mistakes. If he can string that together for the last two games he'll be a key cog in finals.

Best players is a stretch.....He's atleast doing more than Young was at the moment therefore he probably keeps his spot. Pressure acts are great but as a small forward youve actually got to damage the scoreboard consistently. Especially if we intend to do anything in the finals ..

Best players is a stretch.....He's atleast doing more than Young was at the moment therefore he probably keeps his spot. Pressure acts are great but as a small forward youve actually got to damage the scoreboard consistently. Especially if we intend to do anything in the finals ..

He did more than Impey has done in about his last 10 weeks..

Neade was frenetic at it and his tackles actually stuck. He was marking the ball and I actually liked how he backed himself in to kick a goal. There wasn't any noticeable arm waving, corralling players or guarding grass.

My question is will he keep up this quality next week? FWIW I hope he does. (we all know he aint coming out of the team this week).

He'll be the first proven fringer to survive the two-week event horizon if he does.

He'll be the first proven fringer to survive the two-week event horizon if he does.
I had to read that a couple of times as i wondered what a first proven finger was?

Well of course he probably wont and shame on us and all that. But you know he'll be in so i am going to go with it.

Seeing him, Chad, Sgray & AhChee standing around Dixon just before the bounce yesterday reminded me of Chewbacca with the Ewoks.

"I love Big Footy in winning time
I love Big Footy when we fall
I love Big Footy when we draw — which is rare
I love Big Footy when we lose — I don't care

I love Big Footy every moment
Every moment of the year
I love Big Footy
Why, oh, why, do I love Big Footy
Because Port's community is there"

Last edited:

I had to read that a couple of times as i wondered what a first proven finger was?

Well of course he probably wont and shame on us and all that. But you know he'll be in so i am going to go with it.

Always go the proven franger

But not one that has survived a 2 week event.

That game gets referred to a lot but it's really the only notably high quality game he's played as a forward even at SANFL level. He's played plenty of high quality games down back though.

Right now I'd like to see Doogs up forward, but that's because of team needs, not because it's his best position.
I agree with you, but my response was to the nonsense statement that he has shown nothing as a forward.
My opinion is that regardless of his best position, he will have a greater effect on the team if he improves our terrible forward line rather than solidifying our already strong defence.
Furthermore, having Dougal up forward will give the supporters a chance to snap out of their LIM induced coma- we got a taste of that on the weekend. The club as a whole needs a forward, and the club comes first.

I agree with you, but my response was to the nonsense statement that he has shown nothing as a forward.
My opinion is that regardless of his best position, he will have a greater effect on the team if he improves our terrible forward line rather than solidifying our already strong defence.
Furthermore, having Dougal up forward will give the supporters a chance to snap out of their LIM induced coma- we got a taste of that on the weekend. The club as a whole needs a forward, and the club comes first.

Total Football! Let the defenders become forwards; and forwards, defenders. :-D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Total Football! Let the defenders become defenders, and forwards become defenders, and the midfielders become defenders. :-D

Ken Hinkley likes this

How's this for a desperate thought. While we wait for Marshall and or Frampton to come on, Lobbe back in the side, Ryder to take every centre bounce and work his way to forward after the clearance, leaving Lobbe to do the ruck work around the defensive half of the pitch...

A bloke walking with me across the Adelaide Uni oval on Sunday night after the game proposed this.

That wasn't you was it?

A bloke walking with me across the Adelaide Uni oval on Sunday night after the game proposed this.

That wasn't you was it?

Nah not me, worrying that there's at least 2 of us that are that desperate to suggest it. Only saw the stats from the magpies game and got excited Lobbe took 9 marks on the weekend. No idea how he went in the ruck but 2015/16 f lt like he couldn't take 9 marks in a season :oops:

I suppose given we're playing Sam as a key forward I shouldn't be surprised.

We keep complaining about our short people but imagine being them and being asked to play their roll. I'd rather be playing elsewhere, where all I need to worry about is getting front and square.

what I particularly like about Neade is even against much taller opponents he rarely gets outmarked and almost always somehow manages to get the ball to ground.

Without looking at the stats I would say cautiously he would have had a few score involvements ....But it's just pure gut feel watching his game.

Always have been a massive fan of Neade but he just needs to find a way to stay in the game for longer, eg. WCE comeback game or Richmond against the wind final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back