Review PORT v Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Dixon's kicking is a serious, serious concern.

You wait till he has finals pressure on his back too. Disaster waiting to happen.

Get it together big boy.

You wait till he has finals pressure on his back too. Disaster waiting to happen.

Get it together big boy.
One of my biggest pet peeves with the way the current game is played and I do mean overall. He’s obviously got serious issues, so surely a couple sessions to help him work on his set shot, gain some confidence in it would do wonders right? Nah can’t be practicing set shots at training. There’s more important stuff to be working on. And like, he could like totally injure himself or something

I have reflected.
50 point smashing in the teeming rain is pretty darn impressive actually.
Essendon undermanned and poorly coached but weather like that can equalise a game somewhat .
Slow first quarter but I have noticed that this year we find a way during most games to turn it around rather than capitulating.
Happy.
Well done Port so far.

I love every now and then when Scott randomly decides he's a silky skilled midfielder. Kepler Bradley-esque.
My favourite moment of the entire game was Ladhams selling candy and side stepping through traffic in the centre square and then hitting Lycett on the lead, hands out marking in front of his face.

Just the most bonkers bit of football.

He missed the ground by 3 feet for gods sake man

7f36cd8f6c440ff8b2234926da4b9305.jpg

Impossible to tell for umpire or camera from the angles they were on and his leg position, however if one wanted to say it missed, it would be no more than 2 inches.

So when you quote any lengths in future, people should be aware to divide by 18... particularly the ladies.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So comprehensive is the awareness of this fact that it appears even the umpiring fraternity has caught on.

Just a genuine s**t human as his ex wife would attest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've gone from wondering how we can possibly fit Wines, Rockliff and Boak into the same midfield to all three very possibly taking Brownlow votes in the same game. Each played to their strengths and complemented the others. Some perceptive coaching there too.

That trio could quite easily have shared the votes last week too.

My favourite moment of the entire game was Ladhams selling candy and side stepping through traffic in the centre square and then hitting Lycett on the lead, hands out marking in front of his face.

Just the most bonkers bit of football.

Then Lycett telling McKenzie who had ghosted up to take the shot at goal from a handball receive Nah all good mate, I have this covered. Of course he missed but it was great theatre. Scott Lycett does not lack confidence. Had a super game too.

In the warm up at the northern end he let a torp rip from 50m, only just missed.

I loved the last quarter!

PS. For f**k's sake Charlie, don't lean back, don't be lazy, stop hooking your leg - it's just f****ng lazy! Don't lean back; kick through the ball. You could have wiped out Essendon in the first quarter - don't be lazy!!

In the warm up he was doing exactly what you said. Followed through the kick and nailed them. It's a mental thing in the game.

His first shot he started too close to the man on the mark. The second one he started further back then only took a few steps. Mental focus, go through a routine.

Get it together big boy.
I remember Tredrea missing a very gettable early goal in the 2002 qualifying final against Collingwood, and I immediately thought to myself, "This ain't gonna be our night." So it proved, and if Charlie follows suit in a couple of weeks, it might be deja vu.

Victoria Park update.

Just walked last Charlie Dixon walking his dog. I think he caught me trying to stealth a photo. Fair to say i was a little awestruck.

If you're reading this Charlie, I meant no harm m8.

Is there anyone you will not stalk? :p

Then Lycett telling McKenzie who had ghosted up to take the shot at goal from a handball receive Nah all good mate, I have this covered. Of course he missed but it was great theatre. Scott Lycett does not lack confidence. Had a super game too.

In the warm up at the northern end he let a torp rip from 50m, only just missed.

ive questioned Lycett for being a bit Lobbesqe but that isn’t fair.

what Lycett is, is atypical Port ruckman, tough, leader and makes his team mates player better. He is Port

ive questioned Lycett for being a bit Lobbesqe but that isn’t fair.

what Lycett is, is atypical Port ruckman, tough, leader and makes his team mates player better. He is Port

I yelled out if he kicked the goal I would buy him a slab of West End red. Alas I was too far away. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back