Review PORT v Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

I also love how much the crowd loved it
It was almost as if port had kicked a goal

I was watching Scotty's run like PTSD dog with every Jasper Pittard clanger on the run ever flashing before my eyes

I was watching Scotty's run like PTSD dog with every Jasper Pittard clanger on the run ever flashing before my eyes
In all honesty a ruckman successfully bouncing in those conditions was no mean feat given the distance between hand and ground.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

just saw the team song..........which I wish was broadcast after every game

1) loved hammer and the drums and hope this becomes a mainstay
2) loved SPP and Marshall sharing a good experience together
3) loved SPP limping and sore............he gives it his all!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the warm up he was doing exactly what you said. Followed through the kick and nailed them. It's a mental thing in the game.

His first shot he started too close to the man on the mark. The second one he started further back then only took a few steps. Mental focus, go through a routine.
Yeah, exactly! He is capable no worries but it seems to me that he just thinks, "this is easy" and just kicks in a lackadaisical manner. Some one ought to have been right in his ear after the first shot.

"I hope you're prepared for an unforgettable finals series!"

"yeah..."

GASP! Oh egads! My game plan is ruined! But what if... I were to employ assistant coaches and disguise it as my own coaching? Oh ho ho ho ho ho! Delightfully devilish, Kenny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watched the replay and really don't get the Bonner hate. He wasn't a star but he was far from putrid and did enough to keep his spot. His defensive positioning seemed much better than in previous games and considering the wet doesn't particularly suit a running half-back flanker he coped well with the conditions. I'd still rather play Burton with the risk of injury than Bonner in finals but if he keeps playing like he did on the weekend, he'll be fine. He offers pace, run and carry to our defensive mix which is probably the one area we are sorely lacking with blokes like McKenzie, Clurey, Jonas, Houston and Harlett.

Who knows, hopefully he pulls a Cam O'Shea in finals...

I've got Rockliff in my votes, but I didn't like his 1st quarter at all. He was running on the spot and Essendons first goal was because he couldn't defend a rover at a throw-in.
It was actually Travis Boak that just let Parish have a free run to the ruck contest. It was Rockliff moving in after Parish was already moving at full speed, Rocky who is standing pretty still has no chance.

Boak at 32 years of age is having one of his best seasons ever. No signs at all of slowing down. He runs hard for 4 quarters.

On current form he has 2 years left, who knows maybe even more.
Ablett drafted 2001, Boak drafted 2006. I'd say Boak is in as good a physical shape as Ablett was at 32. It will be a mental thing if he wants to go longer.

Last edited:
ive questioned Lycett for being a bit Lobbesqe but that isn’t fair.

what Lycett is, is atypical Port ruckman, tough, leader and makes his team mates player better. He is Port
Said it last year, but he is Primusesque. He can physically bully his opponents. Lobbe never did that.

Champion Data tables for the game.

Won just about every team category.

I said after the Hawks game we have to keep improving by 20% every week for run into finals. Think that has been achieved in our run against Sydney, North and Essendon. 20% improvement against Collingwood wont be a 60 point win, they are a hell of a lot better side than Essendon. It will be a 4 quarter effort and restricting them.

Lycett had 9 HO's advantage to 4 by Draper and Ladhams got 5 from his 10 HO's.

Port's Xscore 82 vs actual 79, Essendon Xscore 38 vs actual 29.

Marks I50 Port 12 for 5.5 vs Essendon 3 for 1.1
There was a chai of marks Charlie left foot on run passes to Robbie, who passes to Mots, who the passes to Ollie.

Frees I50 Port 2 for 0.2 and Essendon 2 for 0.1

Adelaide Oval results so far in 2020 is 6-1. Best season results since 2014's 10-3 inc the EF v Rich and away showdown loss. If don't include win v Melbourne in 2011 our AO results between 2015-2019 seasons is 33-28.

Winning at home matters big time especially when you can win 50% on the road under Ken's regime. This year its better than that its 7-2.

Since 2013 our road record in the minor round is;
2013 4-6, 2014 5-5, 2015 5-5, 2016 6-4 (were 4-8 at AO), 2017 6-4, 2018 5-5, 2019 4-6. = 35-35.
Finals record has been 2013 1-1, 2014 1-1.

1600139494484.png

1600139731697.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back