Game Day Port v Expansion Club (1) in Shanghai

Remove this Banner Ad

North it is! We'll get to roll out Ponting and Peter Siddle to the indian chinese cricket fans!

Mark Webber. And I want to say, the guy who played Victor Peirce on Underbelly: Soy Latte

Channel 7 news focussing on the empty seats without any mention of the weather not the fact that 10,700 of the 11,000 tickets sold turned up.

SBS ran with the poor crowd story too which surprised me.

SBS ran with the poor crowd story too which surprised me.

Err, why?

SBS are champions of soccer and would see the AFL trying to expand into other countries as stupid. They are appealing to their audience.

7 Adelaide are just campaigners. They too, are appealing to their audience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny, I have no interest in Roaming Brian or the royal wedding, but I'd watch the s**t out of a crossover between the two.

Brilliant.

"So Fergie will you be sitting with Bianca and the other girl?"

"..."

I will skip this one. Good luck to us all. See you in the morning. Good night.

DÁ-LHES, PERA! ("Get them, Pear!")

Power is "poder", in Portuguese; but the best translation for Port's AFL nickname would be "Força" (force), due it's connection to electricity. A "Força de Porto Adelaide" would be the team's name in Portuguese.

The former soccer club in Porto Alegre linked to the Power Company was called "Força e Luz" (Power and Light). Its stadium still exists. It is known to the fact that Grêmio has built its member's pavilion as payment for a player in the early 60's. It helps that Aírton the "Pavilion" became one of the greatest forwards in Grêmio's History.

Ddi2cDRVAAAKe_y.jpg

Brilliant.

"So Fergie will you be sitting with Bianca and the other girl?"

"..."

"We've got Harry and the proud mother of the groom with us. What's tha- Grandmother of the groom, sorry.

Where is your mother, Harold?"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back