Game Day Port v Freo

Sep 19, 2007
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Dwayne Russell is such a dramatic flog. Port got a scare today. They got within 23 ******* points after we demolished them in the first quarter, then won by 46. Shut the * Up.

Freo obviously arnen't the team that just packs up.

JimmyBC

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Finished off ok but you gotta ask questions when even average sides can shut us down, go man on man & dictate play for long stretches.

EskimoPAFC

The Comebacks & Family Man
Dec 17, 2017
Success without Premierships
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Random thought, anyone else concerned by Charlies post match interview?

Might need to have a re watch but he said we had to play a style that wasnt working? Almost felt like he was questioning the strategy followed once ahead? I could be wrong here.

JakeNeadeFan

Premiership Player
Nov 25, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Might need to have a re watch but he said we had to play a style that wasnt working? Almost felt like he was questioning the strategy followed once ahead? I could be wrong here.
He said that we changed our style which was odd given it seemed to be working?

blaargh

Club Legend
Mar 4, 2009
Elsewhere
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

I think it was more just to honest - of course a club will take the chance to try different styles when that far ahead - it’s where ga me style can develop.

didn’t work, changed back, all good.

EskimoPAFC

The Comebacks & Family Man
Dec 17, 2017
Success without Premierships
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Bank the 4 points, have a break and reset for the 2nd half - for all of the over the top bitching and moaning that goes on around here we're in a reasonable position but big improvements are obviously needed.

Some of those improvements might be easy to achieve. The second Butters, Duurs and Slyce are back we are significantly better.

Few blokes playing injured too that should come right in a fortnight.

Powertron

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Drew’s supposed to be applying defensive pressure in the stoppages. I didn’t see him do that today. He was torn apart by Fyfe/Mundy.
Yeah I agree, I don't think it's just on him though. Our setup is very aggressive which leaves us open if we don't get first hands on it. Also I rarely see us take that aggressive forward handball, tends to be sideways to behind to an overlap, maybe because we're lopsided in the setup forward of the ball.

johnnysix

Club Legend
May 31, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

I'd be concerned if he thought it was working.

Sep 18, 2011
here
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea / Ferrari F1
How wasn’t he picked before last week?
missing-image.jpg

Back