Game Day Port v Freo

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We pretty much just need to notch the wins up together at this point if the season im not concerned with form as we have plenty of injuries but if we are having dips in concentration like we are come round 18-23 forget it.

Sep 19, 2007
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yeah, we copped a real scare. Let's not forget the glaring stat Healy mentioned about 166 pressure rating of Dockers being in witches hat territory so it's understandable that they switched on after half time. We finished off when it counted.
1622369593650.png

ElectricG

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Do have those new guys? You know, those new media roles. Like an ambassador, but like THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE. An Anti-Ambassador! Thats it! The Crows get wrinkles and Roo. Collingwood have Eddie. The Saints have Nick. But we have Dwayne Russell. The opposite of everything you want in an ex player holding a media position.

"THEY GOT A SCARE PORT ADELAIDE! THEY GOT A SCARE" (as we win comfortably and you say nothing of it)

“bad goal kicking is bad footy!” Unless it’s against Port, then they should’ve won.

“Port getting some consolation scoring” as the margin blows out to near 50. But when it’s Richmond “it’s the good teams that bury you at the end”

Buget

Premiership Player
Apr 7, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Take the win, 8-3 with a few player limping to the bye.

Wines is in AA squad form, maybe not team, but definitely Port‘s most consistent. SPP was at times the most damaging, whilst Port’s toughest was an 18 year-old with no fear.

It was good to see MG, Marshall and Dixon to all have multiple chances, even though MG did go missing after quarter time.

Back six were average. Probably the poorest game of the season by AA, but Mackenzie stood tall.

Houston, Burton, Rozee, Drew even Jonas will benefit from a week off.

Sep 19, 2007
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Take the win, 8-3 with a few player limping to the bye.

Wines is in AA squad form, maybe not team, but definitely Port‘s most consistent. SPP was at times the most damaging, whilst Port’s toughest was an 18 year-old with no fear.

It was good to see MG, Marshall and Dixon to all have multiple chances, even though MG did go missing after quarter time.

Back six were average. Probably the poorest game of the season by AA, but Mackenzie stood tall.

Houston, Burton, Rozee, Drew even Jonas will benefit from a week off.
DBJ was a little lazy in a couple of contests

Incarnate

Premiership Player
Jan 11, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Another 4 points which is all we needed to get. Every win is a good win in this stretch.

Now a rest before an 8 point game with a spot in the top 4 up for grabs. Cant wait.
That’s a Ken Hinkley approved, bonafide 100% guarantee, that your poor Port heart will be stretched to cardiac arrest.

HHHAMMERtime

All Australian
Oct 24, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
All we can hope is that after Burton’s injury, the selectors bring garner in after an absolutely immense game on the weekend instead of the Hartlett after what was a pathetic, lazy game yesterday.

Incarnate

Premiership Player
Jan 11, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Random thought, anyone else concerned by Charlies post match interview?

Might need to have a re watch but he said we had to play a style that wasnt working? Almost felt like he was questioning the strategy followed once ahead? I could be wrong here.
Probably a chip at the over use further down the field more than anything.

Sep 19, 2007
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
“bad goal kicking is bad footy!” Unless it’s against Port, then they should’ve won.

“Port getting some consolation scoring” as the margin blows out to near 50. But when it’s Richmond “it’s the good teams that bury you at the end”
Can someone pull up the shots on goal map for the Dockers? I'm pretty sure they had a lot of tough kicks because we pushed them into tough positions. People keep harping on about missed goals, but it's like golf. you could end up on par or 10 under depending on where you land on the green.

Jun 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
All we can hope is that after Burton’s injury, the selectors bring garner in after an absolutely immense game on the weekend instead of the Hartlett after what was a pathetic, lazy game yesterday.

I didn't watch, but going by what you've said i'll assume Hamish played like a guy who'd been told "you'll be first cab off the rank if a defender goes down sorry if i hurt your feelings on selection night i love you like a son xxxx".

portly

Premiership Player
Apr 8, 2001
SA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Was beautiful yesterday. Looks the same today looking out the window right now.

Also not particularly excited about this one. My two predictions are

Port to get a few goals ahead by quarter time and just coast through at about that margin for a pretty uninspiring game.

A bunch of dickheads to break quarantine to attend.
Close, damn close.

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back