Game Day Port v Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Titus:

This has the potential to be a great match and I really hope it is, we all need the distraction.

Take me back to 2019, where the worst thing to happen to us was the Cats movie. That only seemed like the low point of society.

Geelong made St Kilda’s premiership credentials look more fake than the drivers licence I used as a teenager to get into pubs, and they have a chance to do similar to the Port Adelaide here.

That said, Port’s credentials seem more authentic than St Kilda’s do.

The problem is, Geelong do this every year, they look bad, they then look really good, they do well and all of a sudden, they are in the finals and get knocked out in an incredibly disappointing display.

For this, they are again well on track.

Port really do look good; they’ve been more consistent this year than Victoria’s daily coronavirus tally.

If Port win the premiership this year, it will unleash the Hardwick Effect on the AFL all over again.

That’s when clubs suddenly think, ‘hey, sticking with a coach for a long time despite how bad the results are works out in the end’.

It’s true, it sometimes works, but the problem is, the Hardwick Effect means clubs with bad coaches end up stuck with them for longer.

I now not everything is Damien Hardwick’s fault, but he did inflict two Richmond Premierships on us.

I’m tipping Port here, but that all depends on what Geelong outfit shows up, and the excitement of not knowing is all that’s making me feel alive at the moment.

We can afford to go 5-1 in the last 6 (maybe even 4-2 depending on other results). No fade-outs though please.

Even 3-3 will likely be enough for top 4, seem we’re basically 3 games clear at the moment with percentage. I’d rather not make top 2 and play at AO anyway, unless the alternative is a trip to the GABBA to play Brisbane.

So Cats are running red hot atm. Physically the strongest team and most imposing game style. Love to close sides down.
We start off ok, then they shut our play on game down with stifling defence and lots of short kicks and marks, denying us the ball.
Line ball at qtr time.
Cats up by 9 at the main interval.
They get the jump on us in the 3rd and skip to a 23 point lead but we re-adjust positionally and grad 2 late goals to close to single figures at lemons.
Our fitness comes to the fore in the last, Gray kicks 3, and we triumph by 4 points.
PA 13g 9b def G 12g 11b.
Goals: Robbie 3, Dixon 2, MG 2, Farrell 2.
Best: DBJ, Boak, Ladhams, Clurey, Butters, Amon, Gray.
Inj: Motlop (ankle), X (concussion).
Highlight: Dangerfield misses an open goal in the last 5 seconds.

I feel like a Hinkley extension announcement this afternoon would provide the inspiration for the players to steamroll Geebung

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That still pisses me off. Blatant umpire cheating. He's started his run up, should be 50.
Honestly Dixon should have just smashed Selwood and taken the 6 week ban. Would have been worth it
The worst part of it was the Geelong players telling the umpire that it was play on, not the other way around. That kind of influence is appalling and happens all the time with 'senior' players

I genuinely fear that we are going to get reamed again by Stephens.

He has it in for us every game that he is involved in.

It was blatant cheating in the Saints game.

The only solace or hope I can find is that this game is on prime time Friday night footy and thus extreme over the top umpiring will.no doubt be a touch more scrutinised than other games.

I feel like a Hinkley extension announcement this afternoon would provide the inspiration for the players to steamroll Geebung

Or, the trio of stiffies such news would imbue Gerard Whateley, Kane Cornes and Michelangelo Rucci with will serve as the butterfly wingflap that causes another random Cats shittruck (see Jed Bews, Rhys Stanley, George Horlin-Smith, Ryan Gamble) to pop up for a stellar performance against us for no reason whatsoever.

In which case, I nominate... ‘Jack Henry’.

I hope we just get the 4 points without any injuries. A win by any means necessary would be greatly appreciated, especially since Brisbane will be notching a win tomorrow against North’s.

I remember that game back in 2014 where we steamrolled Geelong by 40 points, they never looked even close that night. It felt like 2014 was the start of something special. Then 5 years of what happen Power??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back