Game Day Port v Gold Coast round 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Tanking is so overrated. All it builds is a s**t loser culture. There's such a miniscule difference between these top end kids. With picks 5 and 7 in recent years we scored Wingard and Wines. Would you rather have had picks 4 and 6?

Port Adelaide is about winning wherever and whenever. Win tonight and finish the season off on something of a high.

Should win by a comfortable margin for mine. Go with 5 goals.

Snelling to kick 3 goals.

Ollie BOG.

I can see it being a s**t game and it's hard to get up and about but it's Schulzy's last game for us so I need to and we also get to see Will Snelling and Timo Bonner in action.

May as well keep our winning streak against the Suns and undefeated record at Metricon alive.

Port by 11 points.

take a look at the GC injusry list. ours isnt great, but if we cant beat them with only 20 odd players to choose from then we are in bigger strife then i though. that wont be the case though. we will win by 60-100 points. jay will kick 6

Doesn't seem believable that win or lose we are actually going to finish below the Saints. Agree with Ford about this one though, anyone who goes into it wanting us to tank needs his head read, is a losing culture worth one draft place because that is all it will be. We will be selecting at 8 or 9 dependent on academy and F/S picks.

Also can't believe how quick the season has gone. Does not seem all that long ago I was eagerly awaiting the new season and our Round 1 clash with the Saints.

Agree - strange since we have been poor! Hopefully we can kick into gear next year....and then may the winter be epic...GOT style :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm looking forward to seeing our first years give it a solid crack. Dbj is already first team stuff, Austin looks the goods so far, and I loved palmers marking in the showdown. Haven't seen much of Snelling or bonner, but what I've heard sounds encouraging. Those five guys are the ones to watch tonight!

Both teams went into the season with high expectations and both have been disappointments, especially Port. I'm just hoping Port win the game to end the season on a small high. Really like the three ins this week : Austin, Bonner and Snelling. Austin's looks like a player. Bonner and Snelling deserve to come-in after playing good footy for the Magpies. It's really a new look team as those kids join Darcy, Palmer and Clurey. Not all those kids will play firsts next year with so many good players due to return. Still, I'm hoping the kids put on a good show tonight.

Tanking is so overrated. All it builds is a s**t loser culture. There's such a miniscule difference between these top end kids. With picks 5 and 7 in recent years we scored Wingard and Wines. Would you rather have had picks 4 and 6?

Port Adelaide is about winning wherever and whenever. Win tonight and finish the season off on something of a high.
Yep, not even a point to tanking these days with no priority picks and how the Academy picks water down picks anyway. St. Kilda vs. Port in the spoon battle in 2000. We lost and were bottom, but didn't tank the rest of the year to get Reiwoldt, they did. Which club perpetuated a culture of 'close enough is good enough' and STILL doesn't have a flag in 50 odd years?

As I said in the preview thread, now that the pressure is gone from the season, we'll beat them by 10+ goals. We're a top 4 side when we're under no pressure and a bottom 4 side when the heat is on.

Also can't believe how quick the season has gone. Does not seem all that long ago I was eagerly awaiting the new season and our Round 1 clash with the Saints.
I remember the optimism well. We were at the end of our 3 year fitness plan and a bunch of the players beat their PBs in the time trial. They were looking good.

Then we got pansed by Melbourne in the NAB... but that was cool because we used less rotations.

I'm going to remind myself not to fall for that s**t this offy. But i will.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back