Game Day Port v Lions @ The Gabba, Round 19 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Can he do that against real teams on a regular basis, tonight showed nothing.
Bullshit.

He's not been allowed to develop any consistency or confidence at AFL level.

He moved well, led well, marked everything he should and didn't kick any worse than most of his teammates.

Persevere with him now and let him get 20-30 games together to see what happens.

8rjU79F.gif

If the heirachy of the club can't work out that we can build a top 4 list on the backs of Butch and Dixon, with help from Westy as the 3rd tall, then we have the wrong campaigners in charge. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Ya know I don't mind this commentary team, a few posters here with sensitive taste. Certainly preferable to BT/Darce/Ling
Definitely prefer these guys, but Derm gives me the shits. I just get "old drunk guy know-it-all who played a bit grade footy, so now he's the keeper of all human insight, standing at the bar at a SANFL game" vibe.

Definitely prefer these guys, but Derm gives me the shits. I just get "old drunk guy know-it-all who played a bit grade footy, so now he's the keeper of all human insight, standing at the bar at a SANFL game" vibe.

Perhaps, but he is at least attempting to give insight and disclose football know-how. That's ok with me. He could be talking about hairstyles or shoelaces.

Far out people relax, this still beats getting done by Brisbane like last season even though it wasn't our most clinical performance. I don't want to ever feel like that again..

Shawry makes BT look like a mensa candidate. He has no knowledge of the game, isnt funny, and has an iq of about 50. He doesnt even know half the players ffs. He just forgot ryder is on our list

That was pretty funny:

"Do they need to bring in Lobbe or someone?"
"Well, they've got Ryder."
"Oh, yeah..."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps, but he is at least attempting to give insight and disclose football know-how. That's ok with me. He could be talking about hairstyles or shoelaces.
You don't want to listen to BT stumble through our entire list and still get every players name wrong?

Big deal. A win by that amount is good win regardless. Would a loss have been more to your liking ?
Never want a loss but don't want people to get ahead of themselves and lose sight of the reality that the opposition were sub par, our season has been crap and tonights win does not change that. The last thing we want is for the players/staff to feel warm and fuzzy by a bit of junktime fun.

Never want a loss but don't want people to get ahead of themselves and lose sight of the reality that the opposition were sub par, our season has been crap and tonights win does not change that. The last thing we want is for the players/staff to feel warm and fuzzy by a bit of junktime fun.
Oh god

Shaw wastes a hell of a lot of words trying to state the obvious in a feeble attempt to appear intelligent. He reminds me of blokes at the pub who give long winded conversations about something you have no idea of while you politely pretend to listen when in fact you wish you were living another life somewhere else

Our season has been less than satisfactory due to a horrendous injury list, yet we have managed to find a lot of positives in DBJ, Young etc. A really young group who are on the right track. Sorry to be positive by supporting my club.

Can't believe some of the negativity here.
Yeah the season has been disappointing, but if you can't enjoy a win like that and seeing a guy possibly turn his career around you must be pretty miserable........
Its been a miserable season lets face it. Fantastic win though in the end. We did what we planned and should of done coming into this one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back