Review Port V Melb: Review

Remove this Banner Ad

From where I see it we have hit a bit of a wall especially as our midfield is coming up against some bigger bodied players, the likes of Wingard, Polec, young are still young in the football sense and their bodies aren't able to handle it atm. Our poor disposal kills us because we aren't running with confidence into space and creating because if we turn it over we get caught out badly. This also comes from not having the chop out defender in hombsch who previously would be able to dish off to runners. You can see we are lacking confidence when we switch and we also don't have the confidence to go down the line due our lack of talls, everyone is having to work harder in defending instead of attacking.

don't panic Ken knows we are ahead of where we should be as our list is still developing physically and mentally for this point of the year.

For what?

Probably for punch to Dunn where he gave away the free kick. He has 80 carry over points from striking Jetta late in a marking contest in the Alice Springs game 7 weeks ago.

exactly , reported for hit on dunn
Why did Margetts only pay the free once Dunn doubled over in pain? He saw the incident as it happened but only blew his whistle a few seconds later once Dunn staged for the free kick. Terrible umpiring!

Link
... The match day report laid against Port Adelaide’s Jay Schulz for striking Melbourne’s Lynden Dunn was assessed. After receiving a medical report from the Melbourne Football Club and reviewing all available footage, it was determined the force used in the contact was below that required to constitute a reportable offence. No further action was taken. ...

flat wobbly kicks today
air pressure of ball anyone
just say'in
it was more than weird

This was mentioned at the after-match actually.
Ken said Boaky or Kane had queried it with one of the Melb players, took it to the umpires who gave it the all-clear.

Hartlett I think is playing the most injured out of the players on our list. I know the old adage that once you cross the line, you're 100% fit, but he hasn't been poor enough to be concerned about maybe dropping him for another player. It wouldn't surprise me to hear he's gone in for surgery after the season is finished.
Did notice he took off a couple of minutes early at half-time with one of the physios, he's definitely not right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MRP full statement: round 18, week one
Contact between Melbourne’s Bernie Vince and Port Adelaide’s Kane Cornes from the second quarter of Sunday’s match was assessed. It was the view of the panel the force used was below that required to constitute a reportable offence. No further action was taken.

See, this is what irks me. Vince made an intentional high strike behind play. I don't care about force, this sort of s**t needs to be taken out of the game.

So not a top 8 contender, doesn't sell our player down the toilet. I'm sure the AFL will continue to blindly ignore that clubs in contention put the worse spin on those opponents also in the running for finals.
Yes I'd like to thank Dunn & their medical team for not being pathetic bitches like a certain other mob last week that got Kornes a reprimand for the softest 'strike' i.e push in the back ever.

Dan Jackson being said little bitch should take a hard look at himself.

The thing with Schulz is that he is going to get himself reported with something that sticks and probably soon. He dishes out a little something he shouldn't every second game. I guess he might as well get done and clean up his backlog before the H&A finishes. I wish he wouldn't do the undisciplined stuff but if that's what we have to accept to have his cold reliability in front of the big sticks so be it.

What that mutt Bernie did to Kane didn't seem all that much different to what Kane did to Daniel Jackson, infact it was a higher strike. What a bunch of s**t.

It's interesting to see the comments about the ball yesterday. We were joking that the ball must have had a seam on it, like a cricket ball, because there were at least 3 shots at goal (Paul Stewart's goal in the second quarter was one, from memory) that curved dramatically through the air as if there was a gale force win pushing it.

That may explain some of the poor disposal yesterday. I love reading Macca's reviews each week, and I find them generally accurate. I'd have to say he has been a bit harsh on Brad Ebert over the last 4 or 5 weeks though. I agree he has been below his best, and he looked a little lacking in confidence yesterday. But the issue about the ball may put his disposal in some context - we noticed the disposal from Ebert yesterday simply because he was getting it more than the others! It wasn't his best game but he got a lot of the ball. Giving him a "0" rating wasn't really fair in my opinion. He was in the top half of our team yesterday, I would have thought.

Was great to see Cam O'Shea play a really good game.

The Ebert 0 was probably harsh but he has been an absolute liability for weeks. His hardrunning, solid marking, long and accurate kicking game style is absolutely non existent and has been so for weeks. He's been dropping marks and shanking kicks for weeks.

Talk that there might have been something wrong with the ball is a minor excuse for this week, but not for the last month. We bragged about our midfield depth for 10 weeks and now the likes of Ebert and Polec have totally lost their mojo. Only Boak and Gray have been consistently good.

..... We were joking that the ball must have had a seam on it, like a cricket ball, because there were at least 3 shots at goal (Paul Stewart's goal in the second quarter was one, from memory) that curved dramatically through the air as if there was a gale force win pushing it .....
There was one where Hartlett on the Members' wing was trying to centre the ball to about 3 Port players running forward and it curved behind them to pinpoint a trailing Melbourne player. It defined the game for me. I'd so love to believe it was the ball that caused that.

The Ebert 0 was probably harsh but he has been an absolute liability for weeks. His hardrunning, solid marking, long and accurate kicking game style is absolutely non existent and has been so for weeks. He's been dropping marks and shanking kicks for weeks.

Talk that there might have been something wrong with the ball is a minor excuse for this week, but not for the last month. We bragged about our midfield depth for 10 weeks and now the likes of Ebert and Polec have totally lost their mojo. Only Boak and Gray have been consistently good.
Similar happened to Ebert last year, hopefully he can re find form as he did in 2013. Polec I'm not as confident in, as he hasn't really had form like he had this year before, so he may straight up be cooked. Hopefully the team can lift as one as quite a few guys have been underperforming lately, even the likes of Jack Hombsch who has been ridiculously reliable in the backline until the last week or two.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back