Preview Port v Melbourne NAB Cup preview

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't apologise. That's why they get paid the big bucks.

11490-1364890059.jpg

Yes way too many posts were quoted. Thought we were better than that.
I quoted the first post but I honestly thought he was a Port supporter taking the piss.

I think everyone thought he would be instantly banned... Not having a go at the mods but it was pretty unfortunate.

Smashed in the midfield (groundball), smashed in the ruck (can the coaching staff at PA please tell Lobbes to stop jogging up and down on the stop before rucking at the centre bounce), very little to no run off halfback, to many turnovers bad decision making playing from behind and giving away silly free kicks. The only positive out of this game was Toumpas tbh.

Smashed in the midfield (groundball), smashed in the ruck (can the coaching staff at PA please tell Lobbes to stop jogging up and down on the stop before rucking at the centre bounce), very little to no run off halfback, to many turnovers bad decision making playing from behind and giving away silly free kicks. The only positive out of this game was Toumpas tbh.
pittard was good or systems where bloody terrible.

The Good:
  • Pittard. No brain fades today, but needs to learn to trust his right foot
  • Toumpas. Playing his old team, he would naturally want to perform, and he did.
  • Boak. The only midfielder who wanted to run hard
  • Hombsch. Did a good job on Hogan
  • Polec. Very classy in patches
The Bad:
  • Lobbe. Hopefully, blowing out cobwebs, but is a concern
  • O'Shea. What did we knock back from St Kilda for him?
  • Schulz. In 12 years, he still has not learned to tackle below the neck
  • Trengove. Needs to be a shut-down defender, because he ain't no link man
The Ugly:
  • Really poor systems coming out of defence
  • Crepe paper tackling
  • Stoppage setups
The Disgraceful:
  • JimmyCrow. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Jimmycrow is a reflection of a decent chunk of crowies - no not a majority - but a decent chunk who revel in our failures more than their victories. The bloke probably had a terabyte of pictures like he put up, revealing how he gets his jollies. I stayed back a fair bit after the game and saw his stuff as I was walking back to my car. I was tempted to respond with a Cy Walsh visited the wrong house last July type comment, but I restrained myself.

I wont the next time we get s**t like that on here.

Last edited:
Jimmycrow is a reflection of a decent chunk of crowies - no not a majority - but a decent chunk who revel in our failures more than their victories. The bloke probably had a terabyte of pictures like he put up, revealing how he gets his jolly's. I stayed back a fair bit after the game and saw his stuff as I was walking back to my car. I was tempted to respond with a Cy Walsh visited the wrong house last July type comment, but I restrained myself.

I wont the next time we get s**t like that on here.
Sounds like he was allowed free reign for a while. Crowies complain that even if they put an 'lol' on our forum they are immediately banned. It seems here is proof we are a bit more forgiving than that. He sounds like a pure idiot. Hope he got a ban.

Sounds like he was allowed free reign for a while. Crowies complain that even if they put an 'lol' on our forum they are immediately banned. It seems here is proof we are a bit more forgiving than that. He sounds like a pure idiot. Hope he got a ban.
Calling him an idiot is being too kind. Nobody needs to see or read crap like that, and if he never returns, I doubt anybody would miss him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He shot his load early. Should've saved the lead in his pencil for a game where people could GAF.

Dont try and say we are better or anything and it has nothing to do with this board being more forgiving. All our mods were at the game or away from a computer. If one of our mods was on here at the time it would have been taken down IMMEDIATELY as he breached just about every bigfooty rule and he would have been banned then and there rather than surviving another 15-20 minutes.

Haha every time I hear or read ground ball I think of this scene from the great 1988 baseball movie Bull Durham - a ground ball with eyes.

Dont try and say we are better or anything and it has nothing to do with this board being more forgiving. All our mods were at the game or away from a computer. If one of our mods was on here at the time it would have been taken down IMMEDIATELY as he breached just about every bigfooty rule and he would have been banned then and there rather than surviving another 15-20 minutes.
It was said tongue in cheek. Relaaaaaaaaaaaax.

From memory it was the 2nd time he has done it....i remember a needle in the eye gif as well as the sexual content Last year....when it happens twice ....its a major concern

Maybe bigfooty could explore the role of power users(no pun intended): people who you could trust (REH, LR etc etc) who have light mod abilities of post deletion or the such
But it depends where people are. I was walking between the oval and my car when I saw it and I'm not sure if my phone functions would have been good enough to do it. If I had of left the oval straight after the siren rather than hung around for 20 minutes, I would have been on my 30 minute drive home when he started and it would have probably started and finished between the drive and getting home.

Finals and GF probably is a time your suggestion makes sense because there are always rotten trolls then, and not everyone goes to finals, but they would probably be following the game on TV and via the game day thread.

Maybe bigfooty could explore the role of power users(no pun intended): people who you could trust (REH, LR etc etc) who have light mod abilities of post deletion or the such

Unfortunately (for several reasons) I was at the game and didn't always have reception. Supermods and Administrators patrol the boards and the slew of reports attracted their attention and response.

Unfortunately (for several reasons) I was at the game and didn't always have reception. Supermods and Administrators patrol the boards and the slew of reports attracted their attention and response.
You gotta live your life mate, yourself and the other mods do a fantastic job already and its a credit

The Bad:
  • O'Shea. What did we knock back from St Kilda for him?

Pick 21, aka Hugh Goddard. Will go down as every bit as much of a mistake as not trading Thurstans or Damon White for a late first when we had the opportunity. He'll be at St Kilda as a delisted free agent ala Andrew Moore this time next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back