Autopsy Port v Melbourne review

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually enjoyed that game.

Copying my post from the West coast home game. How did we do?

Port Loss Bingo

Opportunity to set up our season
Going in as slight favourites against quality opposition
Home game
Poor kicking for goal
Give the opposition a season defining win
Opposition blow us away in the first few minutes after half time
Fight back until the margin is close with ample time, but blow multiple chances until a turnover gifts the opp a goal
Miss an easy shot at goal at a critical moment

Predictable as they come

Watch us win every game bar the crows from here and make 4th without beating a top 8 side lol

One of the best (and hopefully not the last) game you'll ever see Boak play.

Apart from Jonas, the rest just sad.

Impey could've had an amazing game but after 4 years on the list still has no ability to make anything from the free run space he commonly gets. Time and time again, breaks out of half back and away from opposition players only to * it up completely despite having all the speed and space in the world. Difference between him and Matt White in those situations are night and day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Atley way too far off the speed of AFL yet.
Austin is horrendous, a slow plodder that falls over every single contest. Should not play an AFL for a long long time.
White has one good game against GWS and has been s**t since, time for Amon to come back.
DBJ has been really poor this year, with this one being his worst game by far.

Impey lacks presence in the first half of games. Does some interesting things in the second half but the poor decision making at crucial times is frustrating.

This is a week in week out problem.

He's another Neade which frustrates me. They are both talented but both can't quite get the AFL standard.

Copying my post from the West coast home game. How did we do?

Port Loss Bingo

Opportunity to set up our season
Going in as slight favourites against quality opposition
Home game
Poor kicking for goal
Give the opposition a season defining win
Opposition blow us away in the first few minutes after half time
Fight back until the margin is close with ample time, but blow multiple chances until a turnover gifts the opp a goal
Miss an easy shot at goal at a critical moment

Missed "home game" and "opposition blow us away in the first few minutes after half time", otherwise spot on.

Thoughts:

- White's career should be over.
- Trengove needs to play defence or Sanfl. Our second tall forward needs be someone who knows how to play the position.
- Broadbent is thoroughly meh. Forget him and Pittard - let them fight it out at Sanfl level while someone else has a shot.
- S Gary yet again shown to not have the ability required at this level against good sides.
- Impey's exciting, but he needs to stay at Sanfl level until his composure improves. Exciting runs mean s**t if you can't finish your work.
- DBJ has lost the credits he banked last season. He's become nervy and unsure.
- Austin: I like him, but he didn't deserve to come in, and doesn't deserve to stay in.
- Hinkley: puts Ryder up forward for a bit, sees that it's working, and promptly puts him back in the ruck. That is the sort of the bullshit coaching which means you don't deserve a contract extension. This is your team - you bear the ultimate accountability.

Last edited:
PROS
Boak looks like he feels good, ready for a run towards the end of the season
Wingard didn't do a knee
Players are running out the game pretty well

CONS
Austin surely must have been hurt in that opening quarter contest - fell over way to many times for an AFL player
Coaches once again slow to adjust tactics in game - left tham to dominate the whole first quarter
Impey is slowly tipping towards a player who has reached his ceiling
Polec should be paid only half his match payments - can only use half his body

I am more pissed off at the half arsed comeback attempt then the first quarter performance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back