Game Day Port v Melbourne

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Our midfield is getting smashed and our halfbacks have been infuriatingly bad.

Defending bad, and that’s one thing but the way they’ve set up and chipped has destroyed any chance our forwards could have had to score.

Can’t imagine how livid I would be if I was a forward watching the entire oppo team waltz back and stand in front of me while the half backs kicked between them like it’s a practice drill for 2 mins before turning it over or kicking to a contest where we’re conceding numbers cause they’ve had all night to get back

DazzaTys

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Mitch G and Marshall have absolutely no presence at all. It’s embarrassing how easily Melbourne run it out of our 50. Oliver and pretacca killing us around stoppages.

It Just Is

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2012
On cloud 9
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Can suck it!
Boak got us back in this. I feel like if we can hold Melbourne for the early part of the 3rd and can find a way to score we are a real chance to run over them.

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Carn. The sh*t thrown at him tonight has been ridiculous. You think he’s to blame for this loss?

You think he’s even in the top 15 culprits?

How many marks has the rest of our team taken inside 50?

I’m going to call out the anti-Marshall crusaders when they make their stupid comments

I called it… as soon as we looked to be playing so bad I said well here will come the Marshall haters to crack Into him and I was right.
Problem one, two and three is our slow ball movement. From defence they have time to set up, as our players move it up the ground so slowly, it’d go faster if we passed it person to person in the crowd. Our forwards have defenders flooded back by the time it finally gets there. Conversely Melbourne back themselves to spread and move it fast. So we’re always chasing jumpers back the other way.

I won’t like losing, but I could handle it a lot better if it was from taking the game on, not this awful crawl to oblivion.

HotSausage69

Premium Platinum
Aug 25, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'd clear out the forward line, get McKenzie, Houston, Amon up around half forward and just give them the license to have a ping from outside 50 rather than trying to pick out a target inside.

Black 18

Club Legend
May 21, 2007
Seacliff
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Words can't fully describe just how much I hate Hinkley's gameplan.

Be as slow as we can bringing the ball out of defense. Short kicks to the 45 if possible and then bomb it long to a pack of 300 and hope somebody takes a 'screamer'. If the ball comes to ground try real hard to get something clean around a swarm of 300 once again.

The guy is a dead set muppet who shouldn't be in charge of anything other than a country club.

I would be frustrated if it wasn't all so predictable.

Our pressure early was good but we are so static against good sides. Just afraid to take it on. Chip chip chip turnover

Aliir in the ruck. Just pick Hayes or Ladhams you spineless gumbies.

Some of those decisions though.

Back