Chewy316

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Ducks, Yankees
A few of players look like they need a rest but Butters isn't one of them. He works his arse off during a game but at the end he looks in reasonably good condition. He really is remarkable.
6 day break before the Geelong game and then 8 days before Hawthorn. And even if the AFL plans on another condensed few rounds from 14-16, we still have a bye during that period so it will be hardly condensed for us.

I don't think anyone is necessarily going to be rested provided they get managed properly during the week in terms of training loads. We've gotten through the hard patch already.

gbear

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 27, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
6 day break before the Geelong game and then 8 days before Hawthorn. And even if the AFL plans on another condensed few rounds from 14-16, we still have a bye during that period so it will be hardly condensed for us.

I don't think anyone is necessarily going to be rested provided they get managed properly during the week in terms of training loads. We've gotten through the hard patch already.
I agree, was going to post this. I think the club has done well to rest players during games, by reducing their game minutes, but not impacting on team structure. I would be reluctant to rest player unnecessarily particularly when we have an upcoming bye sometime between rounds 14 and 16. We now have a 6 day break and an 8 day break. I woul imagine the AFL will likely schedule us another 4 day break in th3 condensed rounds, because after all we are Port Adelaide.

Top Bottom