Game Day Port v Richmond - Rd 11 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Kingfish73

Premiership Player
Mar 24, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Should be a belter. We have strong ruck duo playing for first time and simply must react quickly if our midfield gets towelled. Injecting Butters, Rozee and SPP last week in 3rd quarter was the difference. Lets not repeat last year feeding of Richmond defensive intercept markers. The kick into our 50 will be critical. Richmond clinical last week entering forward 50. So our pressure on their runners needs to be elite. They have plenty of dangerous forwards to hurt us.

Big test. I genuinely believe Richmond deserve to be favourites as their system is sustainable and proven in many big games. But our young talent can turn it on and won't be surprised if we win. Looking forward to watching this live and good seats to boot!

Happy testie tickling...

Can we make a pact and say that we won't ever act like Richmond fans when we next win the flag? They seriously suffer from the football equivalent of short-man syndrome and can't handle sustained success with any sort of grace.

Tigers don‘t like to travel.
Shorter break.
No Captain Helmet Hair.
Shermenator chucking the sads.
=
Port by 18pts

Can we make a pact and say that we won't ever act like Richmond fans when we next win the flag? They seriously suffer from the football equivalent of short-man syndrome and can't handle sustained success with any sort of grace.
No.

Weirdly confident this morning in our chances.

I think with Lycett back we should have Ruck dominance we therefore should be able to win around the clearances and contested ball.

We do that we win.

Ports by 7pts.

Here we go, our week of truth is about to get underway. And our quest for a top 4 spot starts here.

I feel like Geelong will be the tougher of the 2 games, given the way they match up on us, and their style. So we gotta damn well hope we start this week with a bang.

Make us believe Port.

Tigers by 7

Lycett in these conditions? Hmmm

get the win lads.

This is huge. Until now, Port has apparently (according to certain sections of the media at least) been on top of the ladder under false pretences. But if we can knock off the premiers tonight, that perception should change. Port by 4 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty pumped for this game . Was disappointed in the Richmond game last year but we had no Charlie and Lynch destroyed us .
we must get midfield dominance with our bolstered rucks .
Go boys . Make us proud

This is huge. Until now, Port has apparently (according to certain sections of the media at least) been on top of the ladder under false pretences. But if we can knock off the premiers tonight, that perception should change. Port by 4 points.
I still don’t think it will change, because the narrative will be all about Richmonds outs and shorter break. While ignoring our outs

Seriously believe people.
if we’re worried about Lynch, they’ll be worried by their shorter backline with Dixon, our resting ruck and Thor.

I notice they structure well in the middle of the ground to tighten as the ball approaches 50 for team defence and quick transition. Like the Carlton game we want to avoid getting caught too high.

I think we need to run at them and then kick over.

we can do it

Bull. I’m short so I will suffer as appropriate.

Tiggers getting their mojo back lately, and will be all over us with their explosive speed and ball use.
Our defence keeps us in it, until a few structural adjustments by Schoey and Monty halts the momentum midway thru the 2nd qtr.
Richmond by 8 points at the big break.
Soldo winning the rucks first half - vastly under rated ruckman, but Slyce and Pistol adjust how they approach him, and we get midfield dominance after the break.
Get to 15 points in front halfway into the last, then Tiges surge, but we cling on.
PA 9g 12b def R 8g 11b.
Goals: Dixon 2, Butters 2, Boak 2.
Best: Rozee, DBJ, Jonas, Huston, Duursma and Butters.
Inj: Gray (hammy).
Reports: Lienert (misconduct - $500 fine).
Highlight: Helen Domico's niece does a final quarter "strip and streak" across the oval (tackled by 6 security guards).

Tigers don‘t like to travel.
Shorter break.
No Captain Helmet Hair.
Shermenator chucking the sads.
=
Port by 18pts
They're gettable alright and why not make today the day.

Self induced distractions that reveal more about themselves than they probably wanted, add up to them riding for a fall. Let's take 'em down a peg or two.

I suspect they see us as just another paving stone to be trodden on their march to another flag. Well bugger that.

Keep Riewoldt quiet early and wipe that smug ugly smirk off his very punchable face.

4 qtrs of pressure, kick straight and ride the crowd home boys. Yep i'll forever thank'em for snotting the neighbours in '17 but that was then and this is now.

F'ck'em over Ports.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back