Game Day Port vs Bulldogs - prelim

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant sleep either but you know what fu** this. We deserve this. We deserve the cup.

AFL want the fairytale storyline of repeat dogs circa 2016. What struggles have they been through since their last cup? Wow losing 4th spot due to brisbane in round23 what a comeback!

AFL want the fairytale of Melbourne winning a premiership for the first time in a whike after bottoming out (tanking and ******* up their top picks). Daniher unwell Stynes passing Jones being there through thick and thing (respectfully for this part) ok fair.

but
fu** THEM

We've also been through sh*t and no one is talking up our fairytale:

-119 in 2007
-Getting f’ed by the SANFL
- Getting f’ed by the AFL and Eddie McGuire for the prison bars

-John Butcher being the laughing stock of the comp
- 2010-2012 Primus era
-Being the first team to lose to GWS and Gold Coast
- Ebo retiring due to concussions
- Schulz retiring from a cooked back from cannonballing into every contest
-Laughing stock of the league when we had tarps up
-One of our past coaches Phil Walsh passing
- Just this week celebrating the death anniversary of J-Mac

Going from being the bottom of the barrell laughing stock of the comp to the quiet achiever. I feel it inside something big is brewing, Ken said it himself when he said judge us on finals. He never meant just one final he means going all the way. I know every single person on our forum and those supporters around the country can feel it brewing inside of them and this game will just be one to get us to the grandest stage of them all.

LETS ******* GO PEAR

AFL Media Machine: “Hmm yes ok I hear you buuuuuuuuut how can I package that for a Victorian audience?”

Honestly it makes me sick that for every Melbourne fairytale narrative being bandied about there’s an equally compelling Port storyline that’s just flat out ignored.

- 10 years ago we were on the brink of extinction
- Boak’s incredible loyalty and chance of redemption for 2007
- Our greatest ever player and bona fide all time legend of the sport Russell Ebert fighting for his life

I could go on but what’s the point? It’s all being drowned out by the tsunami of Deestiny and we have no choice but to surf it. Anyway, let’s just beat the Bulldogs first and then worry about where the wetsuits are.

I cant sleep either but you know what fu** this. We deserve this. We deserve the cup.

AFL want the fairytale storyline of repeat dogs circa 2016. What struggles have they been through since their last cup? Wow losing 4th spot due to brisbane in round23 what a comeback!

AFL want the fairytale of Melbourne winning a premiership for the first time in a whike after bottoming out (tanking and ******* up their top picks). Daniher unwell Stynes passing Jones being there through thick and thing (respectfully for this part) ok fair.

but
fu** THEM

We've also been through sh*t and no one is talking up our fairytale:

-119 in 2007
-Getting f’ed by the SANFL
- Getting f’ed by the AFL and Eddie McGuire for the prison bars

-John Butcher being the laughing stock of the comp
- 2010-2012 Primus era
-Being the first team to lose to GWS and Gold Coast
- Ebo retiring due to concussions
- Schulz retiring from a cooked back from cannonballing into every contest
-Laughing stock of the league when we had tarps up
-One of our past coaches Phil Walsh passing
- Just this week celebrating the death anniversary of J-Mac

Going from being the bottom of the barrell laughing stock of the comp to the quiet achiever. I feel it inside something big is brewing, Ken said it himself when he said judge us on finals. He never meant just one final he means going all the way. I know every single person on our forum and those supporters around the country can feel it brewing inside of them and this game will just be one to get us to the grandest stage of them all.

LETS ******* GO PEAR
You’re gonna make me cry man

Walking around Darwin CBD in full Port gear, feeling a nuff, but also feeling a million dollars.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck lads, let’s make a statement

If we do win we should our marketing and video team to the AFL to make sure we cover off every Melbourne narrative with some additional social media content for them - I’ve heard they haven’t won it in a while?

The biggest day/night for our club for some time. No excuses tonight, we must win as simple as that.

Do it for Boak, Robbie, and most importantly themselves and the fans. We deserve to be playing off in a fortnight, time to go out tonight and seize the moment with both hands. Forget the Dogs, the umpiring and the Victorian sides fairytales, it's our time now.

At home, a week off, a opponent who is missing a key player, another is hobbled, and another is under done. These opportunities don't come round that often, it can't be missed.

Bring it on in 12 hours time. All the waiting is almost over.

If we do win we should our marketing and video team to the AFL to make sure we cover off every Melbourne narrative with some additional social media content for them - I’ve heard they haven’t won it in a while?
Who cares about the media narrative, just win and make that the end narrative.

Geelong did not do us any favours last night. Would have preferred Geelong and Melbourne to belt each other up in a hard bruising encounter. That said, let's do the business tonight.
Wouldn't have mattered if they did anyway with the week off this week leading into the Grand Final.

As long as we win tonight, I don't care if it's by 100 points or 1, just do our job tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back