Game Day Port vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon we did ok. 2018 we probably lose that. We were challenged and steadied. Good crop of kids. Let's be real here we have four dudes out there playing only their second game of AFL level footy.

Only real downer was Watts and Amon. So bad for them.

The weather was s**t which made it hard to get our game going. Our forward line didn't function at all.

Re Watts vs Douglas injuries: Both are bad outcomes and take about 6 weeks to heal but I'd take the fracture over an ankle syndesmosis or ligament injury. Ligaments are shitful substances. That is my personal and medical opinion.

Based DrMacca

In days past we would have totally lost that game. There is much inexperience currently on the field and we will slowly get better. We do however need to work on our disposal. I will take the 4 points and look forward to seeing us next week as Brisbane at home is a tough one.

Mayes would be more like for like with Amon.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Maybe so but Ollie is definitely coming in and none of the like-for-like options (Rockliff, Boak, SPP, Drew) are remotely droppable. As others have said it'll probably be Ollie in for Amon and Drew moving into a more outside role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So who comes in for Amon & Watts

is it Ollie & Howard

or is it someone else
Our kicking was back to a poor standard today with the main exception being Rockliff. We must get Hartlett and Broadbent back in the side to remedy it.

Marshall needs to make way too. His concussion probably play a part but he was a liability.

Agree , i know we stuffed it at times , but i thought we really gutsed out the win .even on a rainy day having a second Ruck certainly makes a diff eh Ken !
Dunno if I was imagining it or not, but one of the big differences for mine was our experienced players going down the line more often than not whereas the younger kids were taking the game on.
Taking risks is what got us back in front.

Last year we played safe every time it got difficult.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back