Most Disappointing Misses

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Power Girl

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 30, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Is it my delusional thinking or could we possibly get some fairer umpiring from Nicholls due to the media exposure from the Hawks game?

He has never been pulled up about it with our games before so he just kept pushing the envelope. After all We are in some parallel universe where everything the crows touches turns to s**t and slowly we are getting a better show. Ok yes I’m probably delusional but I’m going to still back us this week because if we are contenders then we have to beat Melbourne at home.

xflamedancer

Premiership Player
Feb 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
P.A. Magpies, Man U.
Is it my delusional thinking or could we possibly get some fairer umpiring from Nicholls due to the media exposure from the Hawks game?

He has never been pulled up about it with our games before so he just kept pushing the envelope. After all We are in some parallel universe where everything the crows touches turns to s**t and slowly we are getting a better show. Ok yes I’m probably delusional but I’m going to still back us this week because if we are contenders then we have to beat Melbourne at home.

I really hope this is how it will turn out but if Melbourne are the fairy tale side for this year we're f**ked.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
With both Nicholls and Deboy umpiring, I think we are going to get reamed in such a way that the Hawks game will seem fair and reasonable by comparison.

Almost certain that Deboy was a Port supporter growing up.

Nicholls just wants to pay the flashiest free. Expect a few deliberates

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
The Age tipsters not believing the bookies/trusting Ports...

7743edf0-17a8-4436-9656-78ee64646de3.png

No need to tell you who Chris Judd tipped :rolleyes:

WHOME

Club Legend
May 18, 2007
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics

The Rubber Man

Club Legend
May 1, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Rubbish, have you seen our draw? We'll win but we're finishing top 4 even if we don't. I'm expecting top 2.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

melbourne, 50/50 game
GWS - 50/50
eagles - probably lose
crows - should have a decent amount of players back and their home game - 50/50
collingwood at the G - 60/40 their way
Essendon - we should win but have a horrible recent record against them and should have won earlier this year. 50/50. Dons are our new bogey team.

wins - carlton, saints, freo and dogs.

This game is huge in terms of making top 4.

If you think melbourne, Eagles, GWS, crows, collingwood and the dons will all be easy beats, you are overly optimistic.

100% a season defining game tomorrow.

PowerBaz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
No easy game this. It will be games like this where missing the easy goals from 30m in front will start to hurt.

Expecting Marshall to play a ripper, he needed that first game out of his system.

Fifty

Senior List
Sep 20, 2013
Cambodia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Here at training. Extras are Watts, Johnson and..... Trengove! No-one missing from last week as far as I can see. Ryder and Gray not doing much.

Lots of talk amongst the boys, good vibe.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
As a Dees fan, we've yet to see us play a good side this year and stick with them (other than round 1 vs Cats).
I rate what Port are doing and think their contested style over the last month is as good as any when paired with the speed of Polec, Motlop, SPP.
This game worries me big time.
The teams we're losing to are genuinely better than us and the good run we had against poor sides had many believing we were better than we are. In reality, we're a 5th-10th placed side and these are the ones we need to win to prove the contrary.
We struggle against the big forwards so expect Dixon, Hoff and Marshall to have their way with us and win in a canter by 7 or 8 goals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
As a Dees fan, we've yet to see us play a good side this year and stick with them (other than round 1 vs Cats).
I rate what Port are doing and think their contested style over the last month is as good as any when paired with the speed of Polec, Motlop, SPP.
This game worries me big time.
The teams we're losing to are genuinely better than us and the good run we had against poor sides had many believing we were better than we are. In reality, we're a 5th-10th placed side and these are the ones we need to win to prove the contrary.
We struggle against the big forwards so expect Dixon, Hoff and Marshall to have their way with us and win in a canter by 7 or 8 goals
I like the way you think :)

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks

I thought I'd consult the most reputable source that I could find and asked them the question.

8ball.jpg

Hopefully we're good enough for the umpiring not to affect the result.

Jan 14, 2008
Salisbury, Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Man City, NY Jets

After the heat it will either go one of two ways, it will go our way or it will be absolutely horrible and our supporter base will run him out of town!

Not having us for the past two weeks, history suggests it will probably be the latter.

Jan 14, 2008
Salisbury, Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Man City, NY Jets
Confident in us getting the result this weekend, I find Melbourne a bit Plastic. I think they will be more of a Challenge than Richmond were, but I don’t fear them in the slightest!

Wines to have a quiet game, SPP, Rockliff to have 50 touches and 5 goals between them, Brad and Trav to have season best nights also and Dixon’s dominance forcing Tom McDonald back to defence

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
The Jack Watts Trophy is on the line and it’s fittingly being played in the week Ollie Wines has just recommitted to the Power.

After all, it was Melbourne who overlooked Wines for Jimmy Toumpas, a decision I’m going to say was a poor one, I know it’s early days to call that but I’m here to make the big calls.

Who would want a midfield with both Jack Viney and Wines in it? That wouldn’t be terrifying at all.

Melbourne are coming off the bye, which followed them being shown up by Collingwood on the big stage in a very Melbourne performance.

Not since Krispy Kreme showed up in Australia has something promised so much and delivered so little.

That’s right, Krispy Kreme are rubbish donuts. There I said it, the emperor has no clothes. This is the sort of hard edge comedy I’m not afraid to put out there in the world.

Port have been travelling much better than the Dees although it would be fair to say neither side has earnt the full trust of any footy fan, especially when it comes to tipping.

It makes this one pretty much impossible to tip. Both share an uncanny ability to be amazing and disappointing in equal measure.

https://www.titusoreily.com/afl/highly-unhelpful-guide-round-fourteen-0

PowerBaz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Kenny on Hamstring Awareness...

Gee I haven't seen Ken up and about like that for a while, and someone mentioned they were at training too. Says to me that we should be expecting a great contest and perhaps the group is gaining confidence in what they can produce. It would seem from the outside we are ready to go, my first game for the year tomorrow, I think I've picked a cracker. I want a dominant Port.

Back