Game Day Port vs Roos - JLT #2

Remove this Banner Ad

This is just a few from 2015 ... enjoy ... :D:p

Be interesting to see how many of those were recordered at clangers. Many of them he has the ball, takes on more than he can bite off running back into traffic and getting done cold.... they may not count ?

I reckon this will explain it to norf fans...

The thing is, there was that game, where it got really close in the dying minutes, game on the line, crucial result for the season, a kick in it, and the ball spilled out and somehow ended up in pittards hands, and he needed to execute, but instead he just ran forward evaluating everything before getting run down from behind or shanking the ball to an opposition player and having us lose the game, and then having to hear this speech after the game about how we can't blame Jasper for taking the game on its what everyone should do.....

Except it's not just one game. It's happened over and over again, and then again and again in our nightmares that keep us awake through the entire off season. That's the Jasper we know. It's why he was the whipping boy for port before Karl Amon started getting picked every game.

What i hope to see today is some cohesive ball movement, better long kicking and something resembling a forward line

I don't get this. There's 6 Port players in the 2018 top 100 clanger list and Pittard isn't one of them. Ports average DE% in 2018 was 70.4%, Pittards was 71.6%.

The average player clanger count is about 1.6 a game and Pittards career average is 0.5.

The average player DE% is about 73% and Pittards career average is 76%

I can only assume that a small handful of bad howlers has put this idea in peoples minds.
Give it time. You'll see.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I see, they stand out.

I'm not claiming he's Darren Jarman either, and he made a 1-2 mistakes last week, but most of his disposal was either good or very good.
Do yourself a favour.

Compare his goal kicking accuracy at Port to that at North Melbourne.

You might start to get the idea that you haven't seen the real Jasper yet.

P.s. in spite of everything I still love Jasper and wish him all the best. His courage and effort has never been questioned.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Sadly won'tget to watch this as on a houseboat outside of renmark
Wanting to see a 4 quarter effort

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've got the Pirate Life Brewery launch today, I hope they'll have the game on there somewhere, otherwise I'll be looking at my phone a lot. Thankfully I'm with Telstra and have free AFL app access.

And I've just realised that I won't be able to see Port play at all in 2019 until Round 4, mostly due to work, but also my sister getting married on the same day Port play Carlton in R2, first home game - but one of my closest mates who lives in Japan is back that weekend, and he'll use my season ticket, so it'll go to good use.

I've got the Pirate Life Brewery launch today, I hope they'll have the game on there somewhere, otherwise I'll be looking at my phone a lot. Thankfully I'm with Telstra and have free AFL app access.

And I've just realised that I won't be able to see Port play at all in 2019 until Round 4, mostly due to work, but also my sister getting married on the same day Port play Carlton in R2, first home game - but one of my closest mates who lives in Japan is back that weekend, and he'll use my season ticket, so it'll go to good use.
Yeh. Going as well.

I don't get this. There's 6 Port players in the 2018 top 100 clanger list and Pittard isn't one of them. Ports average DE% in 2018 was 70.4%, Pittards was 71.6%.

The average player clanger count is about 1.6 a game and Pittards career average is 0.5.

The average player DE% is about 73% and Pittards career average is 76%

I can only assume that a small handful of bad howlers has put this idea in peoples minds.
Hahaha, mate we have had him here for years. We know the player.
We also remember that infamous first ever Gold Coast win, his brain fart that day was a big contributor and he has done similar many times since.
Good Pittard is decent. Brain fart Pittsrd costs seasons. It’s not the number of them, it’s when and where they occur.

In 30 years time when i've retired and my brain has started to deteriorate (more so), i'll have 2 lasting memories of Jasper Pittard

1) His play on from the goal square, which got smothered and goaled with 90 seconds left in GC's first ever win which essentially cost us that game. Kick down the line, we probably win.

2) The match against West Coast in 05, 4 points down, 60 seconds left, Ryder takes a mark 40 out....i'm feeling confident he'll kick it. Jasper waves his arms like a dick, calls for the ball, Ryder gives it to him, he has a pot shot from 50 which sails 30 metres wide of the goals into Row S (for Shithouse).

I'll never forget those 2 moments. And his array of s**t haircuts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back