Status
Not open for further replies.

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
Clarko might have got some action with his very public whinge about HTB, with the knee-jerk reaction from the AFL and some baffling umpiring decisions from that point, but it hasn't done his team any good - Hawthorn were already rank last on the free kicks differential before this game and will probably widen the gap even further after today.

Hawthorn fans whinging about umpiring?

Ive heard it all now
Remember that game in Tassie when the Hawks received 8 fifty metre penalties in the first half against us? The phrase "cry me a river" springs to mind.

May 9, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Well when we took Motlop, a Geelong supporter came on our board and suggested we could look forward to one good game a year from him. The supporter was so right. Motlop is now passable depth at best.
That's a valid point, but Motlop has it in him to win a final or two with a great performance. I feel he will benefit from playing a few games to get his confidence & form back.

Look at the contested ball in the second half.

Free kicks for count as contested possessions. It’s why when one team cops a wide FK-discrepancy that statistic almost always mirrors the count.

Jonno393

Rookie
Aug 14, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yep and with our game plan it’s an accident waiting to happen when the opposition clears it over us. It’s a risk we’re choosing to take in terms of the game plan and the risk in it is a little higher for now because of dumb acts and injuries.

Jonas was great; I’m starting to develop an anxiety issue when Clurey has the ball though ;)

On iPhone using recycled electrons, via BigFooty.com mobile app

Clurey has one of the best kicks in the team

I wonder if you would've said this if elected to the board, as you tried to be a few years back. Having said that, this level of contempt for our supporters is probably quite prevalent across our organisation. You would've fit right in, I suppose.

mate, I’m talking as a supporter being all doom and gloom about a team top of the ladder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clurey has one of the best kicks in the team

I’m terms of hitting a target? Not sure he particularly stands out in that regard. It’s more those times when you see him hesitate with choosing an option.

Strangely it’s the opposite of Trent, when he just bangs the ball it can go anywhere (a bloody long anywhere mind you) but when he takes a bit of time and eases up he does tend to hit someone.

Edit: and of course I’m not talking peak Pittard levels of anxiety ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jonno393

Rookie
Aug 14, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I’m terms of hitting a target? Not sure he particularly stands out in that regard. It’s more those times when you see him hesitate with choosing an option.

Strangely it’s the opposite of Trent, when he just bangs the ball it can go anywhere (a bloody long anywhere mind you) but when he takes a bit of time and eases up he does tend to hit someone.

Edit: and of course I’m not talking peak Pittard levels of anxiety ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like clureys kick I think he is usually quite accurate but yes hesitates. Trent frustrates me just because you can kick it so far doesn’t mean you always should, he always kicks to the same spot from a kick in aswell.
Bonner is starting to give me pittard anxiety!

LoneStar

Club Legend
Jul 11, 2004
30.02° N x 95.15° W
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Broncos
So here we are, Sir Douglas Nicholls round, sitting idly in front of our devices waiting to watch a team we have supported for many days, months, years or decades play a team that could be considered a successful spawn of our own making.

Clearly Hawthorn would be nothing without the coach we gave them, the superstar forward we gave them, and the other two indigenous players we gave them.

Now they all get to come home and kick our ass. Or do they?

Hawthorn are a strange Frankenstein of a team, they are the Canberra of the AFL, its very hard to find anyone who was born in Canberra, in the same way its very difficult to find anyone that was drafted by Hawthorn who actually plays for them.

However, on this occasion Hawthorn have 8 players with less than 50 games, and we have 5.
Both sides have 4 players with 50-99 games.
We have one more player in the 100-149 game sweet spot.
And we have 9 players with 150+ games, and they have 7.

I had the perception that they were the older side, but no, on average they are 10 months younger than us and have played 18 games less than us.

We welcome back Mr Bonner to replace the recalcitrant Mr Houston.
Motlop has been named on the wing to replace Duursma.
Westhoff has been named at CHF (yeh right) kind of replacing Mr Ladhams.
Its good to see the Brad back replacing Mr Farrell, even though I have this nagging doubt as to whether Brad should keep playing.

Its seems as if Ken is giving all the senior players a run. Perhaps its seniors week?

So who will come back to our best 22 for the f... , the f... , your know, the stuff that we used to play after the minor round.
I dare not say the word in case we find some new and interesting way to mess things up.

Duursma, Rozee, Burton and Marshall when fit, fresh and in form could all arguably be in that best 22, so there is pressure on spots.
You may think I left two off this list accidently, yeh nah.

Apparently Hawthorn have a lot of injuries, but they seem to have no more best 22 players out then we do.
Will GoldsKneeSeason
Ricky HendersonKnee2 weeks
Harry JonesKnee4-6 weeks
Jaeger O'MearaHand1-2 weeks
James SicilyKneeSeason
Isaac SmithShoulderTBC

The named side:

FBR BonnerT ClureyT McKenzie
FFJ ImpeyT O'BrienS Burgoyne
HBH HartlettT JonasD B-Jones
HFJ PattonL BreustC Wingard
CS MotlopO WinesK Amon
CC JiathD HoweJ Scrimshaw
HFS P-PepperJ WesthoffB Ebert
HBW DayS FrostB Stratton
FFZ ButtersC DixonR Gray
FBB HardwickM HartleyC Glass
FolS LycettT RockliffT Boak
FolB McEvoyJ WorpelT Mitchell

Interchange:
Mayes, Lienert, Georgiades, Woodcock
Cousins, Scully, Hanrahan, Shiels

Emergencies:
Drew, Farrell, Sutcliffe, Bergman
Nash, Morrison, Minchington, Lewis

Recent history (thanks to footywire)

Recent Matches Between Port Adelaide and Hawthorn
DateVenueHome v Away TeamsResultHigh DisposalsHigh Goals
Round 10, 25 May 2019UTAS StadiumHawthorn defeats Port Adelaide80-49R. Henderson 37J. Gunston 6
Round 11, 2 Jun 2018UTAS StadiumHawthorn defeats Port Adelaide64-61T. Mitchell 28R. Gray 4
Round 11, 1 Jun 2017Adelaide OvalPort Adelaide defeats Hawthorn98-47B. Ebert 34C. Dixon 4
Round 16, 7 Jul 2016Adelaide OvalPort Adelaide defeated by Hawthorn79-101L. Hodge 29
R. Gray 29
C. Rioli 3
J. Gunston 3
C. Wingard 3
Round 21, 21 Aug 2015Marvel StadiumHawthorn defeated by Port Adelaide86-108R. Gray 34
S. Gray 34
C. Wingard 4

As much as I know it will come back to bite me, here are Hawthorn's ranking for 2020:

View attachment 941886

And here is ours...

View attachment 941888

So what will happen, will we go from tiger killer to cat b*tch back to hawk slayer?
We should win, but as Macca19 eloquently put it, we all how how this one ends, i.e. Wingard kicking a goal after the siren to win the game.

Its either Port by 10 goals, Hawthorn by 3 points, or Hawthorn by 6 goals.

It should be a balmy 13 degrees at kickoff (feels like 5) with winds from the SW at about 37 km/h.
Most sides seem to favour kicking to the South end first, will someone Cotchin this one up?

I'm expecting a huge margin at quarter time, I'm just not sure which way.

Never written a preview before, and with the shitty week its been going from the Geelong game to Ladhams loungeroom I'm not sure why I'm even doing this, but I'll of course watch the game and hope for dominant Port play. I don't think I'm too concerned with the final score, I'm more interested in how we play this game.

Will the intensity be back, or will our players be in holiday (we've got 5 easy games now) mode.
By the end of the day, we will know.

Here is some footage of what is arguably the worlds most dangerous downhill skiiing.
Pfft, you think that is downhill skiing, wait until 4:00pm today...

Smash these f***ers.
The Hawks are f***ers why? Because they have been successful? As a kid I often stood in the outer at Glenferry for at least half of a reserves game & all of the main event - in the cold & the wet - supporting a club that had won a solitary premiership - well before my time - until 1970. But since 1971 - I've witnessed more than my fair share of success - including 12 premierships. And the Hawks have done it while supporting their fans & players - and their players' families. No accusations of cheating - or hidden drug use - or criminal activity among their players. Is it any wonder why the Burgoynes & Wingards & Clarksons would want to be part of the brown & gold?
I wouldn't disrespect the Power in any forum. Why do you feel justified in disrespecting the Hawks by calling them f***ers? Jealousy...would be my guess!

The Hawks are f***ers why? Because they have been successful? As a kid I often stood in the outer at Glenferry for at least half of a reserves game & all of the main event - in the cold & the wet - supporting a club that had won a solitary premiership - well before my time - until 1970. But since 1971 - I've witnessed more than my fair share of success - including 12 premierships. And the Hawks have done it while supporting their fans & players - and their players' families. No accusations of cheating - or hidden drug use - or criminal activity among their players. Is it any wonder why the Burgoynes & Wingards & Clarksons would want to be part of the brown & gold?
I wouldn't disrespect the Power in any forum. Why do you feel justified in disrespecting the Hawks by calling them f***ers? Jealousy...would be my guess!

LOL

Are you new to the Internet mate? Not everyone is going to like your team you insecure needy little simp.

GoTheMightyCrows

Bigfooty Visionary
Oct 8, 2019
Highland, Albuquerque
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
1598307953614.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back