Preview FPort vs St Kilda Rd 19 Sat 29 July 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rice or White will come in for Joey. Membrey and Roo straight swap. Mav very close to taking Lonie's spot I'd say.

It will be interesting to see how we perform without any of our older brigade. A good week to throw around that ridiculous average age stat :)

Lonie does kick to the opposition a lot more, and is a turnover merchant. Doesnt kick goaks.

Weller comes straight in. Played a great game for sandy.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agree with Weller for Lonie. He has more impact on the game.

Not Minchington though (and not just because he's injured). He has not shown anymore than Lonie despite being three years older.

Port didn't kick a goal in the first half until an umpire charity when there were 3 minutes left to go in the quarter - against Melbourne.

Big chance if saints come to play. Port is like a Geelong team... stick with opposition and then run in the 4th quarter team

Going to the game. Actually feeling quietly confident. Port is hardly convincing, whereas the Swans already were recognised as a top-4 team on current form, and were playing at a ground they have an astonishingly good record on. I think we are inches away from having the team really well setup structurally. Put Membrey in instead of Roo, and it's pretty much fine. Joey will come in for either Rice or White. We'll take these pretenders.

Joey may have played his last game depending on how serious his hammy is . Hate to see a player go out injured. That's assuming he will retire , maybe he wants to play on , I don't know .
Membrey will be a big inclusion. Maybe White or a Special Fried for Joey . Not sure if Marshall stays , I would even if he plays off the bench as back up for Longer .
I think we have a big chance against Port . Before the game we will drop leaflets all around the ground and in ports changing rooms saying the Saints are still in the eight there by guarantee us a win as they will drop there bundle because they haven't beaten a top 8 side yet .

How can you be 4th this late in the season without beating a top eight side . The biggest pretenders there has ever been . There is no reason why we can't beat this mob of pretenders .

We have had our predictable two shockers in a row after winning 4 in a row . We can win this one .
Players like a Newnes have to step up . He gets a bit of the ball but mostly it's short kicks across the backline . It's time he made his disposals count .
Lonie gets one more chance mainly because we don't have any other options , unless they want to try NOK . It would be nice to draft a kid who is actually ready to play rather than long term project players like NOK , Screwdriver , Couglan etc .
Conellan for Lonie speed kills

Well, Port are pretty much relying on Grey to kick them a winning score.

The thing is, Saints have been very good against smalls.

For Sydney, only Sinclair and Buddy were multiple goalkickers. Rest were all singles.

If Webster can shut Grey down and Geary shuts down others, it means Port will have to rely on Dixon. And Brown has a good record against him.

Just need to make sure Powell Pepper doesn't do any damage.
When was the last time any side had to.plan for the influence of one of our first year players. ????

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Brandon White is a much needed inclusion. Watched a bit of his game on the weekend and he was very exciting.

I think his aggression, marking, speed and kicking will add to the team. I also think that he uses his long boot to good effect to penetrate the zones. He seems to generally make good decisions with his long boot too.

I think having Webster and White in the same defence is super exciting!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will win this game.
Seriously, we are very much in this game. Had we had port immediately after the Richmond game everyone would be talking about how good knocking port off is going to be.

Only changes would be Membrey for Riewodlt who seriously needs a couple off to let his knee heal and someone in for Montagna, most likely Weller or Rice depending on where players are shifted around.

Seriously, we are very much in this game. Had we had port immediately after the Richmond game everyone would be talking about how good knocking port off is going to be.

Only changes would be Membrey for Riewodlt who seriously needs a couple off to let his knee heal and someone in for Montagna, most likely Weller or Rice depending on where players are shifted around.
Wingard is a massive loss for them, and he always seems to rip us to shreds. Season is well and truly over if we lose this one, and if we do it will be the winner of Dogs v Essendon that take the final spot in the 8. In saying all that though, the season has been on the line the last two weeks and we've failed miserably and with our shocking record at Adelaide Oval I still won't be surprised if we get thumped and pick up a heap of injuries.

Monty out and Richo has already confirmed that Roo will be rested so the early prediction on changes for me is:

IN: Membrey, Rice
OUT: Riewoldt (rested), Montagna

Lonie is on very, very thin ice. If Freeman didn't get injured I'd say he was extremely close, Armitage probably needs at least another week or two in the VFL.

Would think it would be White in for Joey, given that Brandon was in the squad for our game v Sydney and was then one of our best for Sandy, while Rice wasn't anything special in the same game and missed most of the week before.

Was pretty exciting watching White's kicking in that game and it's safe to say we could do with kicking like that in the seniors!

Membrey for Roo.

Maybe Mav for Lonie, even though I'd be very OK with leaving Mav in the VFL until he's really killing it down there and then bringing him in when he's firing on all cylinders and super-hungry. Looked like he was going well enough that he'd be an immediate upgrade on Lonie though, so he'll prolly come in.

Will be interesting to see if we go with all of Koby, Steele and Dunstan again, as I don't think we've won once this year when we've played all 3 of them. With Koby having had two down games since his 28 and 2 goal game v Richmond, perhaps he will be the one to make way for Mav. That would probably give us a better balanced team.

Was interesting to see that one of the reasons Richo gave for playing a stronger inside group and taller forward line v Sydney was the smaller ground size of the SCG. I sincerely hope the club are aware that the SCG is no longer the size it used to be, otherwise that would be a very embarrassing oversight.

Brandon White is a much needed inclusion. Watched a bit of his game on the weekend and he was very exciting.

I think his aggression, marking, speed and kicking will add to the team. I also think that he uses his long boot to good effect to penetrate the zones. He seems to generally make good decisions with his long boot too.

I think having Webster and White in the same defence is super exciting!
I watched the game and agree White is too good at VFL level should be in the team, he has a great left foot. Was impressed with a lot of the Sandy/Saints Boys.

Why is Lonie being dropped?

Is he this week's scapegoat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is he being dropped? If he is it may be because of his turnovers and because another player has put up his hand and looks a better fit... Weller?

Why is Lonie being dropped?

Is he this week's scapegoat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dunno if he is obviously but if he was it'd be understandable. Maybe something to do with his appalling inside 50 delivery. He kicks it like it doesn't matter, as if he can afford to stuff it up 'cos he gets 40 kicks a game. Fact is, he gets about 5 kicks a game and needs to nail them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back