PortFanRadio

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi Guys and Gals

So as you saw there has been massive work behind the scenes for PAFCradio. The Domain will be
http://www.portfanradio.com.au
https://twitter.com/PortFanRadio
https://www.facebook.com/pages/PAFC-Radio/1570385743210151

skype handle pafcradio

What will happen?
The shows will be recorded live. You will be able to listen LIVE. You can communicate with the hosts via facebook comments and twitter (above), the site will have chatroll for live interaction.

We will also have the ability to take live callers. You will need to be online on skype and message the skype account asking to be a live caller with your comment or questions. Please take into account this will be a very new feature and will mostly likely be a slower integration into the shows.

How do I live call in? (when ready)
Step 1: Add PortFanRadio to skype
Step 2: Have skype open
Step 3: Message PortFanRadio your name/handle and comment or question
Step 4: If you are taken for a call, a PortFanRadio host will message you back and advise you when
Step 5: They will unmute you and tell you, you are on air

Is anything changing?
The website isn't reinventing the wheel so will be a conduit of all things Port, it will redirect back to bigfooty for forums discussion, it will have no forum option, it will link back to the club site and also to facebook, shows will be scheduled on the website but also available to download via
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjUFEC51oH0SXDqzyjFV8Sw
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/id676884709

As the concept grows more shows will come on board, so far we have the following shows arranged;
  • Bigfooty Podcast TBA
  • AFL review show Sunday nights 8pm
  • Tuesday evening a Port history program 7pm
  • Also another yet to be determined program, but hosts are keen.

If you want to be a guest for a segment as the show(s) evolve there will be opportunities. It isn't easy and there is alot of work involved in making these work. I hope you all enjoy the evolution of the podcast and support it, it's been done as much for the listeners as for us involved.

So once established the more you can interact, like and share the pages, join in on the twitter the better. Lets create the best footy station focused on Port going around. (Ok we may be the only one)

I'll keep posting more details when they come forward

Macca19 and myself can take questions or enquiries. Please be patient, it is a work in progress, but I'm hoping for launch just before or close to round 1.

Mod note: Spreaker link: https://www.spreaker.com/show/bigfooty-port-adelaide-podcast

Last edited by a moderator:

It's real my friend. To start best help would be sharing the page and it's updates, telling as many people as possible increasing the exposure.

So have you guys practiced your time and temperature call like BJ the Dee Jay airhead fm jock from the Coodabeens??

Will we get some talkback like this?

I like the sound of the week layout will be great for my trips pitty they don't have Internet in the desert but I'll. Be trying to be involved when I'm home

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't wait really looking forward to this. Many thanks to all involved in getting the project this far. Wife will be happy as I won't be calling the radio a bunch of campaigners on a regular basis.

Last edited:
Love the logo and the facebook description!
Take that biased media!
What a great idea. Props to all involved.
I've shared it in my FB page, hope it grows to the biggest and the bestest!
Just a question: Do you know how you listen to it? Skype?

Last edited:
Love the logo and the facebook description!
Take that biased media!
What a great idea. Props to all involved.
I've shared it in my FB page, hope it grows to the biggest and the bestest!
Just a question: Do you know how you listen to it? Skype?

There will be two ways to listen.

1) There will be a widget that you can click on that will bring up a radio player. So the shows will be scheduled on the website. How often we replay them etc we have yet to decided. It may even be interspersed with music in between shows.

2) If you dont want to listen to the schedule, all shows will be available for download through youtube or direct download similar to the current podcast threads now. I believe each show will have its own page.

Sounds good, I'm not saying the club would have anything against it - but if it's just a 'yeah bro its all good' I would be a little hesitant as in the future who knows if that would change - and if there is nothing directly in writing, people change at the club etc. Just my two cents, ignore if if you want x.

:) I've exchanged emails and face to face. It's domain only and not proportion we are official club endorsed.

Send me a PM I'll discuss further and I want to ask you something else anyway.

Fair question my friend

There will be two ways to listen.

1) There will be a widget that you can click on that will bring up a radio player. So the shows will be scheduled on the website. How often we replay them etc we have yet to decided. It may even be interspersed with music in between shows.

2) If you dont want to listen to the schedule, all shows will be available for download through youtube or direct download similar to the current podcast threads now. I believe each show will have its own page.

Can I say, on point 2, I don't think it would be necessary for each show to have its own page (I'm assuming this mean each is a separate podcast feed on iTunes). Having 3 or 4 podcasts of different PAFC radio shows appear each week in the same podcast feed is not over the top at all, and makes it a bit easier to keep up to date. Just my 2c. I think the Grantland Pop Culture and Sports podcasts are good examples of this.

We'll work out how best to effectively have it all. On its own page on the website would mean people can look at the archive of each individual podcast, but having it under the one itunes feed might work out well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back