Preview Portkidz vs Lioncubz at the Gabba Sat April 6th 6.55pm Adelaide time

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn’t it Polec who saved the win last time we played at AO?

Anyway,

Rocky v Lachie makes me salivate

Carn Ports by 32 or anything divisible evenly into 32 because doogs 32, harts 8, wines 16.

Farkn just win kidzzz

Not to be rude, but a few little corrections I'd note for the write up.

- It's Archie Smith, not Archie Clark, and he's no chance to play unless Stef or Oscar are hurt.
- We actually do have a third tall forward in McStay. He came up a bit ginger today though so see how he goes. I'd imagine we'd replace him with a tall to retain the structure regardless.
- As for 'big bodied in and under types', we don't really have a big brute no, but we have solidly built in and under types like Berry, Matho and Lyons who are helping us get first use. Will definitely be a good battle in the midfield.

Shapes up to be a cracker this one
So you don't deny Josh Walker having hair transplants then? :cool:

FWIW, I have Archie Smith in my Supercoach squad, and I double-checked his name on your club website. And STILL typed it wrong...:drunk::drunk::drunk:

I wonder who gets the role on Cameron? The last few years it would have been DBJ or Jonas and in his current form Cameron would certainly have killed us. I’d have a lot more confidence in Houston taking that match up.
Dan owes him one from that game against the crows a couple of year back. Dirty little mongral properly cleaned Dan up after disposal. Of course no free kick to Dan but Cameron did cop a fine from the Match Revue.

Here’s an interesting stat:

• Chris Fagan age coaching yesterday: 57y 281d

• Jack Cahill age coaching his last game for the Power: 58y 125d

For some reason when I think back to the time of Jack not getting renewed I picture him as a near-geriatric dinosaur who as far as modern footy was concerned, had well and truly run his race in spite of the miracles he’d worked instantly transforming the list into a supercompetitive unit on the eve of contention.

When I picture Fagan I think of a late bloomer but with a freshness who has a decade or more’s tenure up his sleeve, despite him only just getting the Lions into any sort of shape.

Weird.

He is the oldest coach in the AFL though.

I'm worried about this game. Brisbane are an increasingly difficult prospect at home, especially in those dewy twilight sort of conditions that we'll be playing in. It's going to be very difficult.

We are off to a good start in 2019 but I still don't trust this group, with the talent in our side a win is a must.

Ken has had everything needed, to at least beat the up and comers and and lower teams in the comp even though the Lions are also off to a great start we should be way ahead of them development wise. Big test this one but it should show us where we are at, no disrespect to Brisbane but one kick out of a GF in 2014, it's now or never.

So you don't deny Josh Walker having hair transplants then? :cool:

FWIW, I have Archie Smith in my Supercoach squad, and I double-checked his name on your club website. And STILL typed it wrong...:drunk::drunk::drunk:

How is Berry tracking ?
I really liked this guy in the draft and was hoping we picked him up.

Last edited:
How is Berry tracking ?
I really liked this guy in the draft and was hoping we picked him up.
Which Berry?

Jarrad has been on their list for a few seasons. Playing regularly now, and doing well.

His brother Tom is a first year player, IIRC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Brisbane will beat us. We've shown a huge weakness in defence when the ball comes in quick with this 6-6-6, teams are able to outmark us down back and also when the ball hits the ground inside F50 we look all at sea. After watching them V north it is clear Brisbane have both of the capabilities to exploit all our weaknesses down there.

Whilst their speed through the middle is also a huge concern. Neale has destroyed us time after time over many years, averaging 29 touches against us (his 3rd best V an opposition) and is going to provide a huge challenge.

Plus they're riding a wave of momentum and confidence that's worth a few goals alone. Very similar to us in 2013.

For us to win, we need to either completely fix our horrible defensive structures overnight and susceptibility to any sort of quick attack, which won't happen, or we need our midfield to get on top and our forward line to start being a heck of a lot more effective than it was last week. We've scored 175 points from 129 inside 50s, and thats just not good enough. We really havent improved in that area and last week nearly saw another goal less quarter. Its concerning that Ryder hasnt fired a shot, and that Marshall was not only horrendous, but looks completely devoid of confidence. We have found a way to score but we look far from potent.

We're seeing some reasonable results, very similar to last year, which indicate we're pretty much holding ground as a middling side as most expected and the club advertised at the convention. If we are to climb into contention for the 8 we need to make a statement, lift our level and win games like this. Of course we can, it's a footy game and anyone can win, but if I was a betting man the money would not be on us yet, there's just still far too much yet to be proven.

Heart - Port by 7
Head - Bris by 21

I'm doing a review of the North-Brisbane game and I just need to show people this moment of stupidity from guess who:

giphy.gif

Can anyone tell me why Polec decided to sprint 30 meters to stand the mark, leaving behind empty space to which Hodge delivered an easy ball inside 50 to McCarthy - right in the zone Polec was guarding? Especially since he could see that Brown was going to get there anyway? The only reason I can think of is that standing a mark registers a pressure act and Polec is all about doing the easy stuff when it comes to defence.

LOL it gets even worse - what the * is he doing here??

giphy.gif

If you want to know where he is - he's the guy at the top of the screen at the start of the clip with absolutely no opponent who just walking around doing * all to help his teammates win the ball. I've heard of outside players - but this guy is so outside he's in outer space.

Last edited:
Could be Brisbane's as well... They aren't that good despite their great start they're in for some ups and downs like us with their young squad. On paper we should win this comfortably. Our rucks will get the job done. Wines and Hammer will come in , Port by 42.

Been a while since these 2 sides went into a 50/50 game.. reminds me of the early 00s.

Where’s the real PAFC66 and what have you done with him?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm doing a review of the North-Brisbane game and I just need to show people this moment of stupidity from guess who:

giphy.gif

Can anyone tell me why Polec decided to sprint 30 meters to stand the mark, leaving behind empty space to which Hodge delivered an easy ball inside 50 to McCarthy - right in the zone Polec was guarding? Especially since he could see that Brown was going to get there anyway? The only reason I can think of is that standing a mark registers a pressure act and Polec is all about doing the easy stuff when it comes to defence.

LOL it gets even worse - what the **** is he doing here??

giphy.gif

If you want to know where he is - he's the guy at the top of the screen at the start of the clip with absolutely no opponent who just walking around doing **** all to help his teammates win the ball. I've heard of outside players - but this guy is so outside he's in outer space.

You missed the really cool one in our forward 50 where he LOOKED RIGHT AT MCCLUGGAGE and then turned away from him to look for a target, letting McCluggage just tackle him without any evasive attempt. Gave us a goal and the momentum to pile on several more.

Kids got tricks but thats it. When we lost him I thought he'd be the biggest loss, but so far its Yeo, closely followed by Docherty. Id take Crisp or Aish back before Polec now.

Jarrod from memory.
Jarrod is considered to be at that break out stage, often compared to Cripps at Carlton but the maniac supporters. He showed last year he can play as a tagger and run up his own numbers. He is probably finding his way this year in the first 2 games, last year he was helping out as an inside mid but with Neale and Lyons playing there Berry got advised in the off season he would be on the outside and won the pre season 10km trials, turned himself into a running machine. Some tip him as a future captain also, he is very dedicated and sets great examples. With his younger brother now on the list we have a real family appeal. They lost their mother in 2014 (I Think) but their dad still lives in Victoria but comes up for every game to see his boys. Jarrod is a big unit, as close as we have to a mid field bull, he can drop forward and take a good overhead mark which makes him dangerous. Probably another half season to really break out but with his best mate McCluggage we have two beauties that might just become elite. Ohhhh to have a couple of elite players like Voss, Lappin, Black and Ackermanis running around in the middle again.

Jarrod is considered to be at that break out stage, often compared to Cripps at Carlton but the maniac supporters. He showed last year he can play as a tagger and run up his own numbers. He is probably finding his way this year in the first 2 games, last year he was helping out as an inside mid but with Neale and Lyons playing there Berry got advised in the off season he would be on the outside and won the pre season 10km trials, turned himself into a running machine. Some tip him as a future captain also, he is very dedicated and sets great examples. With his younger brother now on the list we have a real family appeal. They lost their mother in 2014 (I Think) but their dad still lives in Victoria but comes up for every game to see his boys. Jarrod is a big unit, as close as we have to a mid field bull, he can drop forward and take a good overhead mark which makes him dangerous. Probably another half season to really break out but with his best mate McCluggage we have two beauties that might just become elite. Ohhhh to have a couple of elite players like Voss, Lappin, Black and Ackermanis running around in the middle again.
Thanks for the update.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back