Preview Portkidz vs Lioncubz at the Gabba Sat April 6th 6.55pm Adelaide time

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
It’s not “literally identical” as their percentage is significantly ahead of ours thanks largely to smashing the reigning premier by 8 goals. It was an impressive performance but I also agree that one swallow doesn’t make a summer. A win is certainly on the cards if we select and play well.
Yes, but they struggled against North up until the middle of Q3. They were losing by 22 points before running the Roos over.

Both teams will try to emulate their games in R1. However, neither team will get tired as Eagles and Demons did. It should be a close game up to the end.

It’s not “literally identical” as their percentage is significantly ahead of ours thanks largely to smashing the reigning premier by 8 goals. It was an impressive performance but I also agree that one swallow doesn’t make a summer. A win is certainly on the cards if we select and play well.
Yep - I don't think anyone is saying that Port can't win. But underestimating how good the Lions are would be foolish: if we go missing for 15 minutes, they could easily hit us with 7 goals in that time, so only a 4 quarter effort will be good enough.

Smithy7

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 1, 2014
South of Scotland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yep - I don't think anyone is saying that Port can't win. But underestimating how good the Lions are would be foolish: if we go missing for 15 minutes, they could easily hit us with 7 goals in that time, so only a 4 quarter effort will be good enough.
Dan Houston will stop them in their tracks .. :D

klem22

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2008
mt gambier
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
With selections made and some serious questions along with them the only thing now that will win this game imo is the preparations strategies and mind set of the coaches. If these guys have not done their home work and sold the vision to the players we wont win this. It will be a real battle if we get all things in place if not it will be time to revisit the thread ilostmyfaithinhinkley!

Razor normally gives the Lions an okay go IMO.

If it was Nicholls I'd be writing us off already. Jilted ex-Lions employee hates us.

Everyone thinks Nicholls hates them. When you make as many s**t calls as he does, just by the law of averages you're gonna end up making enough s**t calls against every team to convince their supporters that you hate them specifically. He's not biased, just incompetent.

MrPlow

Club Legend
Oct 25, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Port by 23

Gray* to go god mode after starting the year off slowly with 5 goals. Rockcliff and wines to combine for 70 disposals and an unprecedented amount of centre clearances. Howard to hit new record of one percenters.

*Sam Gray

Brisbane remind me of how we're playing at the moment a bit. They're a young, exciting team that are playing above themselves and like us they're an immature team which means they're beatable because they're relatively inexperienced to all that can occur within a game.

Watching Fagan's press conference after the Roos game shows hes cautiously optimistic about his team and moreso hoping and not expecting the wins and good form can continue for the season.

Its a great matchup for us, whereas Melbourne were cooked and Carlton couldn't sustain the pressure over 4 quarters we'll be playing a team that will be harder to break.
A terrific summary that I think is correct on all points.

simmo_bc

Cancelled
Port Adelaide - Riley Bonner Player Sponsor 2016
Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Leeds United, Portland Trailblazers
Looking forward to this game, should be free flowing.

I hope we kick butt but also glad to see the Lions up and about again.

Boakie to confirm to the AFL what most of us already know, he is still an elite footballer.

simmo_bc

Cancelled
Port Adelaide - Riley Bonner Player Sponsor 2016
Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Leeds United, Portland Trailblazers
Also, got to say, so far, captaincy does not suit Jonas.

Really? I think he is a born captain but would prefer that he was sole captain.

Back