Portland Trail Blazers Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So it looks like Chauncey Billups is our guy.

5 years.

Risky move but I like when coaches are given time to actually develop or optimise a team.

Powell signs a 90/5 deal, that's about 90 mill a season on gaurds.

Zach Collins 22/3 at Spurs, two lottery picks blown.

Garry Trent 54/3 at Toronto.

Zeller signs for us on a 1 year deal.

Powell signs a 90/5 deal, that's about 90 mill a season on gaurds.

Zach Collins 22/3 at Spurs, two lottery picks blown.

Garry Trent 54/3 at Toronto.

Zeller signs for us on a 1 year deal.

Powell deal is pretty good. Getting him through his prime for the same per season that the Raptors are paying Trent. Great deal, I think.

Zeller is a handy backup C. Probably an upgrade on Kanter overall.

Don't mind us cutting losses on ZC either.

I've seen Dame for Simmons being pushed.

LOL. Dame is a top 10 player, Simmons is a meme after the 2021 ECF. If it was CJ for Simmons (salaries roughly match) it would probably be Portland asking for picks to go with it at this stage, not Philly. Dame + Embiid would be a fantastic combo, but Philly would have to start with Simmons + Thybulle + Maxey then go from there.

I've seen Dame for Simmons being pushed.

LOL. Dame is a top 10 player, Simmons is a meme after the 2021 ECF. If it was CJ for Simmons (salaries roughly match) it would probably be Portland asking for picks to go with it at this stage, not Philly. Dame + Embiid would be a fantastic combo, but Philly would have to start with Simmons + Thybulle + Maxey then go from there.

Disagree, Simmons still holds more value than CJ, younger, been an All star, all NBA team and 1st team all NBA D.

Shame they knocked us out (awesome we got bronze) but it was nice seeing Dame get the gold.

Disagree, Simmons still holds more value than CJ, younger, been an All star, all NBA team and 1st team all NBA D.

I agree in a vacuum (I think I posted similar ITT month back), but Simmons' value took a nosedive after the ECSF disaster.

CJ can score 20-25 a game for fun and is career 39.8% 3 point shooter. He's a bit overpaid but what team in the NBA doesn't want that sort of production?

Simmons has been pigeonholed as a guard who can't/won't shoot. He needs the right team to unlock his skillset. He doesn't work in Philly because all their money is tied up in an MVP calibre centre and a 3/4 guy in Harris. They need their primary ball handler to be a perimeter player. You can argue CJ doesn't work in Portland either (defensively, the offence is fine), but having two small guards doesn't disrupt the defence so much as the Portland defence just isn't any good. No one fears the paint of Nurkic/Collins/Kanter etc.

I think Simmons will be an all star again next season if he moves. If Portland (Dame or CJ) and Philly don't trade then they are both stubbornly refusing to admit they don't have the right teams to contend.

So we've traded Jones Jnr and a future lottery protected 1st for Larry Nance Jnr.

I like it a lot

Also testing out Dennis Smith Jr as a proper backup PG which I dont think we have had since Steve Blake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon it’s going to be a long season for us

I'm pretty optimistic. I don't think we're going to win the whole thing but I think we're gonna be damn good team when fit. I like Billups so far, I think he is legit.

How fun was today? Bench is really athletic and exciting to watch.
Our game style under Billups is so much better to watch. Ball moving around, pace on offence, defence getting after the other team, players flying around rotating. Welcome change from the last few years under Stotts.

This seasons bench unit could actually be a strength instead of the usual catastrophe if Zeller and Nance stay healthy.

Lillard 2 air balls and a brick from outside the arc. His start to the season very poor.
His shooting from outside has been really poor.

Real contrast between our last two performances. Very early days but not convinced this group can achieve anything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back