Portland Trail Blazers Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The message is now clear that we're going after some sort of retool as opposed to a rebuild. Dame will not be traded in the next 12 months after that sort of trade.

Be interesting to see if we go to the draft with pick 7 now, or use it in some kind of other trade.

Great trade to get Jerami Grant for basically a Bucks 1st rounder.

Was not happy if it was pick 7

A Bucks 1st is a good move and very worth it.

Starting 5 as it stands would be Lillard, Simons, Grant, Nurkic and...?

OG Anunoby for pick 7 apparently is what they're trying.

Starting 5 as it stands would be Lillard, Simons, Grant, Nurkic and...?

At the moment it's looking like Lillard/Simons/Hart/Grant/Nurkic. There might be another significant trade on the horizon as we're a bit unbalanced with too many guards that need minutes in Lillard, Simons, Hart and Sharpe, and no obvious starter at SF (although I'm really high on Little).

At the moment it's looking like Lillard/Simons/Hart/Grant/Nurkic. There might be another significant trade on the horizon as we're a bit unbalanced with too many guards that need minutes in Lillard, Simons, Hart and Sharpe, and no obvious starter at SF (although I'm really high on Little).

I wonder if there is any appetite to sign and trade Simons. You'd prefer to keep him but at what cost? Two small guards that aren't great defenders in the back court doesn't work. Lillard + Hart/Sharpe isn't Lillard + CJ/Simons but 3J is on $33m next season and TBC what Simons will get.

I like Nurkic but he's played 8, 37, 56 games the last 3 years. Can't help but feel that with him at the 5 you end up with a Kanter, Zeller, Whiteside etc. having to play a lot.

I wonder if there is any appetite to sign and trade Simons. You'd prefer to keep him but at what cost? Two small guards that aren't great defenders in the back court doesn't work. Lillard + Hart/Sharpe isn't Lillard + CJ/Simons but 3J is on $33m next season and TBC what Simons will get.

I like Nurkic but he's played 8, 37, 56 games the last 3 years. Can't help but feel that with him at the 5 you end up with a Kanter, Zeller, Whiteside etc. having to play a lot.

Simons and co. for Durant
:drunk:

Anfernee 100/4
Nurk 70/4

To me the Blazers yet again are neither win now or rebuild, basically stuck in no mans land. Looking at our roster with all things being equal I see us as a play ins team on a road to nowhere.

Either get Dame some proper help and have a go, or trade him for a bunch of assets and rebuild.

Can you trade guys that have just re-signed?

Yes, but its AFL rules in that the traded player has to agree to it.

I read that elsewhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think our front office and ownership is content with being a middle of the road team and scared to rebuild because with a sale on the horizon they don't want the value to tank.

Nurk + Simons is plenty of salary, and Bledsoe is still there.

I don't think Portland front office have it in them to do a Gobert to the Wolves type trade though.

5 firsts should only be given up for genuine superstars. That was an overpay from the Wolves and something we should be grateful for not doing.

If it was KD or Davis or someone like that then sure.

I actually really like how the roster is shaping up.

PG Lillard/Williams
SG Simons/Hart/Payton
SF Little/Sharpe/Winslow
PF Grant/Watford/Brown
C Nurkic/Eubanks

SF a bit of a question mark but a lot of interesting players who can spend time there.

There is serious upside with a few of our young guys.

5 firsts should only be given up for genuine superstars. That was an overpay from the Wolves and something we should be grateful for not doing.

If it was KD or Davis or someone like that then sure.

I wouldn't do the Gobert trade as the Blazers GM, but I respect the initiative being shown. Players like KD and Davis don't choose to go to Portland or Minnesota. Utah are in the same boat, so they know that if they clear cap space by moving Gobert they aren't going to sign a superstar free agent either so need picks or players to make it worthwhile.

What I hate about these new mega trade is how far into the future picks are traded. For 4 years of Dame and KD I wouldn't be too worried about being a lottery team, but when picks in 2027 and 2029 etc. are involved... yikes.

I wouldn't do the Gobert trade as the Blazers GM, but I respect the initiative being shown. Players like KD and Davis don't choose to go to Portland or Minnesota. Utah are in the same boat, so they know that if they clear cap space by moving Gobert they aren't going to sign a superstar free agent either so need picks or players to make it worthwhile.

What I hate about these new mega trade is how far into the future picks are traded. For 4 years of Dame and KD I wouldn't be too worried about being a lottery team, but when picks in 2027 and 2029 etc. are involved... yikes.

If we won a chip in that 4 years I wouldn't care less what the fall out was after it.

I actually really like how the roster is shaping up.

PG Lillard/Williams
SG Simons/Hart/Payton
SF Little/Sharpe/Winslow
PF Grant/Watford/Brown
C Nurkic/Eubanks

SF a bit of a question mark but a lot of interesting players who can spend time there.

There is serious upside with a few of our young guys.
Wouldn't you start Hart?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back