Portland Trail Blazers Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Big test tomorrow vs the bucks. Today kinda felt like they just did enough and were looking ahead.

Jeez I really want Neil to pull the trigger on a trade to find us an upgrade at the wing position.

Yep. Still physically soft and defensively inconsistent/inept. Have enough offensive talent to simply shoot our way to some success but only gets you so far. Seriously I'd be looking at dealing CJ and perhaps Leonard (although no one would want him).

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

Meyers has been good this season. Getting over 12 minutes a game and averaging 19 points and 12 rebounds per 36. Shooting 52/53/100!

Yep. Still physically soft and defensively inconsistent/inept. Have enough offensive talent to simply shoot our way to some success but only gets you so far. Seriously I'd be looking at dealing CJ and perhaps Leonard (although no one would want him).

Unfortunately I can’t see us dealing CJ because Dame loves him.

I’m interested to see what we do with Aminu. Sure he’s a great defender but he’s a liability offensively and having a starting 4 and 5 who can’t stretch the floor really kills the spacing of the starting unit. Given he is out of contract after this year I wonder who we could look at to replace him? A player in the Tobias Harris mould would be perfect.

Unfortunately I can’t see us dealing CJ because Dame loves him.

I’m interested to see what we do with Aminu. Sure he’s a great defender but he’s a liability offensively and having a starting 4 and 5 who can’t stretch the floor really kills the spacing of the starting unit. Given he is out of contract after this year I wonder who we could look at to replace him? A player in the Tobias Harris mould would be perfect.

See what you're saying but I quite like Aminu. Strong and versatile defensively and can hit the 3. Think we have bigger issues.

Shambolic, last 2 games we've lost by a combined total of 71 points.
And our point guard sized SG went 8/19 and barely got to the free throw line at all while Turner played like an absolute scrub. Layman is also s**t. Don't know why he's starting over Harkless or Swanigan. They aren't great either. But they would be less s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another pretty poor performance today, we managed to scrape by the magic at home on the back of 10 3s from Dame.

Could have been more comfortable if we made free throws down the stretch- Dame, CJ and turner missed 8 combined !

CJ missed a game winner attempt as we went down the Nuggets home. We fought the game out but dug ourselves a sizable hole in the first half. Frustrating though as that's now losses at home to conference rivals Lakers, Clippers & Nuggets.

Some clutch late shots from Dame and CJ gave us the win against the Wolves the other day, Nurk also had a good game against Towns. We're looking every bit a 7th or 8th seed looking to get pummelled in the first round yet again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back