Portland Trail Blazers Thread

Special Agent Utah

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls/Bears Texas Rangers
Nurk takes 7 shots in a loss today, absolutely infuriating that he didn't get more touches in a game we weren't making many shots.

Just came on to post this, I have become a Portland game watcher every day or night once i get home from work, Fell in love with Portland the city and now the Blazers have a very soft spot in my heart.

What i don't understand about today is this team last time they played he absolutely dominated, Had a little foul trouble today but baffling 6 guys had more shits than him. I don't mind Dame shooting overs but to have Chief and Curry and Layman and co getting as many looks i just crazy, Willey Caulie Stein struggles with Nurk but they just didn't look for him enough.

Not Terry's best coaching day. What could they really get from trading CJ?

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
Just came on to post this, I have become a Portland game watcher every day or night once i get home from work, Fell in love with Portland the city and now the Blazers have a very soft spot in my heart.

What i don't understand about today is this team last time they played he absolutely dominated, Had a little foul trouble today but baffling 6 guys had more shits than him. I don't mind Dame shooting overs but to have Chief and Curry and Layman and co getting as many looks i just crazy, Willey Caulie Stein struggles with Nurk but they just didn't look for him enough.

Not Terry's best coaching day. What could they really get from trading CJ?

I'm not sure how appealing a gloried Jamal Crawford on 25 million a year is to the other franchises.

Swan4Brownlow

All Australian
Feb 11, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Portland Trailblazers
This team is very good at home but until they can do it on the road consistently it won’t count for much.

Honestly I don’t think we need a kings ransom for CJ in order to improve the overall play of the team. Remember he’s an elite player off the catch and shoot, it’s when he gets into his one on one iso over dribbling rubbish that he becomes bog average. I think if we managed to get a starting quality forward for him who can shoot well from distance we could actually be more efficient as a team because CJ doesn’t create much for anyone else and when he creates for himself the results are average.

I’d love to see what a player like Aaron Gordon or Tobias Harris would look like playing with Dame. If we could trade cj for Gordon and then bring in a strong 3&D sg like wes Mathews I bet our roster would be a hell of a lot more balanced

Swan4Brownlow

All Australian
Feb 11, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Portland Trailblazers
Not sure whether by design or coincidence but it seems like a lot of the 3 point attempts that were being taken by Aminu and Moe are now being taken by Layman, Meyers and Seth. Certainly helps when Dame is kicking the ball out to dangerous shooters.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
Poor loss to the Heat at home today, just when you thought we were playing well.

By the way Philly land Tobias Harris. Simmons, Reddick, Butler, Harris & Embiid.

Back