fleabitten

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 16, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Portland Trailblazers
OUT: Kanter, Turner, Harkless, Curry, Meyers
IN: Whiteside, Bazemore, Little, Hezonya, .....

I think we still have a roster spot. Could use another PF, but I'm liking the off-season so far. Can almost consider it another top 10 pick coming in with Simons as well, as he's expected to get Curry's minutes.

Drumroe

Premiership Player
May 9, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
OUT: Kanter, Turner, Harkless, Curry, Meyers
IN: Whiteside, Bazemore, Little, Hezonya, .....

I think we still have a roster spot. Could use another PF, but I'm liking the off-season so far. Can almost consider it another top 10 pick coming in with Simons as well, as he's expected to get Curry's minutes.
You forgot Aminu aswell.

We have signed Anthony Tolliver 1 year 2.6M deal.

I feel like we could have done better, but he fits with the mindset of shooting shooting shooting.

From memory hes a poor rebounder and defender, but I imagine he only plays when next to Whiteside/Collins who should help with that

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers

I feel like we could have done better, but he fits with the mindset of shooting shooting shooting.

From memory hes a poor rebounder and defender, but I imagine he only plays when next to Whiteside/Collins who should help with that

Collins at the moment is only a pretty average rebounder sadly.

Drumroe

Premiership Player
May 9, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons

Poor rebounder, but solid defender. Plays hard and a great locker room guy.

We have signed Paul Gasol to a one year deal.

Should be a good mentor for the young bigs and hopefully give a bit off the bench

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Whiteside rolled an ankle against Utah yesterday as in doubt for the start of the season, not ideal given the Nurk situation and Gasol likely to miss the start of the season also even though he wouldn't be playing big minutes.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Good win today and a solid start to the year at 2-1. First 20 games are brutal with something like 14 on the road. Collins injures his shoulder which would be bad new if he misses an extended period because we are really thin for agile bigs.

Shoulder popped back into place easily and he isn't in much pain, hopefully that's a sign that he won't miss a great deal of time.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Loss in San Antonio yesterday, Lillard attempt at a game tying 3 was in and out sadly. Due to all the injuries with the bigs and only having 14 roster spots it isn't easy for us only really have 9 proper options in the rotations right now.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tough loss to stomach that one, led all game until right at the death including by 21 points at one stage. Poor switching at the and which allowed an open 3 with only 2.2 seconds on the clock which is unacceptable. Having nearly all our bigs hurt didn't help either and we gave up 21 points in the paint.

Collins shoulder surgery, which is probably worst possible case. Hopefully Whiteside injury is just the one game and Pau is back very soon. Hood also limped to the locker room after a collision of knees with Ben Simmons during the 4th quarter.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Ok I know it's early, but losing to that D League calibre Warriors squad is as an embarrassing loss as I can remember for sometime. Not expecting anything from this team this season now.

So we're 10-16 through 26 games and are 1-10 vs teams .500+. How do people want us to attack the rest of the season ?

Now that we've lost Hood as well it depends entirely on Nurk.

If he comes back healthy then you trade Whiteside for a forward. If he doesn't then well, we're screwed two ways to Sunday anyway.

Now that we've lost Hood as well it depends entirely on Nurk.

If he comes back healthy then you trade Whiteside for a forward. If he doesn't then well, we're screwed two ways to Sunday anyway.

Couldn’t have put it better. Losing Nurk when when did last year was a real dick punch - for the playoffs then a decent chunk of the this season.

fleabitten

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 16, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Portland Trailblazers
I think we're fine guys.

Bottom end of the western bracket is easier to get into this year and we're going to be a playoff team. Once we're in there, who knows what happens. I don't think we should trade Whiteside unless we're conceding the season, and I don't think this team concedes seasons. We need Whiteside while Nurk gets back to being Nurk and that's not likely to be until long after this year's trade deadline.

Who's to say our path through the West isn't to upset Denver again, deliver another soulcrushing of both Westbrook and Houston in the 2nd round and then clean up a Lebron and/or AD-less Lakers in the conference finals? That's not a prediction, but it's not an inconceivable chain of events either. Plenty of fun to be had this season and the future looks fine. We have some promising young guys, the best leader in the league locked in for the rest of his career and a growing reputation as a great team to play for. Go you ******* Blazers.

Back