Portland Trail Blazers Thread

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
Belted in Game 2 and Davis got everything he wanted which was my major concern pre series. Lillard also dislocated his left index finger to rub salt into the wound, but at least it isn't broken.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Down 2-1, we gave it a shot but it just wasn't enough. LeBron and Davis duo act is just too much for us to overcome. Sadly exits like this will just continue year in year out unless Dame gets to team up with a fellow top 15 player in the league.

fleabitten

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 16, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Portland Trailblazers
So what sort of tweaks are people expecting from us ahead of the season commencement on December 22 ?

I think we will re-sign Whiteside on a cheaper deal rather than lose the asset for nothing. That makes Collins trade bait I think. I think we should be going after covington from the rockets.

Apple iCup

Imposter
Jun 12, 2013
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I think we will re-sign Whiteside on a cheaper deal rather than lose the asset for nothing. That makes Collins trade bait I think. I think we should be going after covington from the rockets.

That’s right, I have returned. Surely Hassan realises he isn’t worth the money he had on his last contract nor will he get that from any other team. However, in saying that he isn’t a dud. Wouldn’t mind retaining him, but I wouldn’t see it as a major loss if he walked

fleabitten

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 16, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Portland Trailblazers
That’s right, I have returned. Surely Hassan realises he isn’t worth the money he had on his last contract nor will he get that from any other team. However, in saying that he isn’t a dud. Wouldn’t mind retaining him, but I wouldn’t see it as a major loss if he walked

Agreed. The only thing that I'd hate about him walking is that we don't have many avenues to improve the team. We couldn't afford to trade his contract with Nurk out while trying to scramble into playoffs and if he goes now, we don't have money to replace him with anyone proven. The fact we have Bird rights on him makes letting him go seem like a missed opportunity.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Our roster just doesn't have enough tools or growth in it, all things being equal I think it's another season of falling into those lower playoff seeds somewhere between 6th-8th.

Saints_Man

Senior List
Feb 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
L.A Lakers, Manchester Utd
Love the Covington trade for the Blazers. Starting lineup looks really solid. Guess they'll run with Dame/CJ/Melo/RoCo/Nurkic i'm assuming?

fleabitten

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 16, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Portland Trailblazers
Agreed. The only thing that I'd hate about him walking is that we don't have many avenues to improve the team. We couldn't afford to trade his contract with Nurk out while trying to scramble into playoffs and if he goes now, we don't have money to replace him with anyone proven. The fact we have Bird rights on him makes letting him go seem like a missed opportunity.

So looks like olshey is finding some avenues. Getting excited about the line-up.

Lillard / CJ / Hood / Covington / Nurk
Simon's/ Trent / Jones / Collins / Kanter

Not sure i like Collins playing mostly PF but good to have big man depth given recent injury histories.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Whiteside to the Kings and roster filled. Would've been handy to keep Whiteside for his minimum deal.

Damian Lillard
CJ McCollum
Robert Covington
Carmelo Anthony
Jusuf Nurkic

+

Gary Trent Jr.
Derrick Jones Jr.
Zach Collins
Enes Kanter
CJ Elleby
Harry Giles III
Rodney Hood
Nassir Little
Anfernee Simons

Weakness is still going to be defence with two small guards and Melo. Winning the West means going through LeBron and AD, Kawhi and wayoff P, Murray and Jokic, Luka and Porzingis. Plenty of size to clog the paint and RoCo is a good defender. Melo shot 39% from 3 last season, Hood 49%, Trent Jr 42%. Collins doesn't shoot many but hit 37%. Those guys with Dame and CJ has the potential to be what Houston wanted to be, but with a proper centre.

Swan4Brownlow

All Australian
Feb 11, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Portland Trailblazers
After a shocking couple of games where he was blatantly chucking, Melo has been used much better in his bench role. He should either be taking catch and shoot 3s or in the post on mismatches, no long contested 2s pls.

CJ been on fire to start the season, Nurk been poor, Dame solid, love RoCo and DJJ defensive intensity. Big question is do we want to see a Harden trade to the blazers?

Back