Review Portress schmoortress: Essendon dft. Port by 2 points in Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't help but want to pour cold water all over this victory.

It was a tactical masterstroke the players pulled off well for the first three quarters.

The reality is that Port ran all over us in the last and smashed us in the clearances/contested possessions.

I sincerely hope that last night does not result in a push to the finals that involves playing guys like Hardingham as the sub. For all of the good our flaws were on show too. When the opposition does not take its opportunities in the last it's not exatly a blue print for what we want to be.

It annoys me that Bomber put it down to seizing up and being reactive at stoppages. That wasn't the problem half as much as not being able to keep up with Port when the ball was in dispute.

Bruno pls

That's as committed a team as we've seen this year. We were due to win a close one but I fear the near misses against Hawthorn, Geelong & Melbourne, not to mention that horrible performance against St Kilda may have already sealed our fate for this season. Critical juncture next week now. If we can knock the pies off, we're right in the mix.

Feels good living in SA and being at that the game. That port arrogance left pretty quick

So wish I could of gone, been home all week with a virus :(

Given that I have next to no regard for Egan as a coach...

Makes sense given Bassett has our forwardline dominating and the backline has fallen apart since Wellman left.

It was a great win, gutsy, tough and in conditions/place we normally lose. Some worries for Port though. That forward for one. Wingard has been out of form and playing a bit like a millionaire, Bartlett good last night but in consistent. Trengove a massive loss.

You know with some of our losses this year we're really not that far from top four or five teams., but not good enough against top 2-3

Makes sense given Bassett has our forwardline dominating and the backline has fallen apart since Wellman left.

Cause the change in personnel onfield has had no effect on the forward line at all, it's all down to the line coach.

It was a great win, gutsy, tough and in conditions/place we normally lose. Some worries for Port though. That forward for one. Wingard has been out of form and playing a bit like a millionaire, Bartlett good last night but in consistent. Trengove a massive loss.

You know with some of our losses this year we're really not that far from top four or five teams., but not good enough against top 2-3

Who's Bartlett?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Mr Knights knew what he was doing after all in taking Myers before Rioli.

I wanted Rioli at the time but I do recall the club having some concerns over Rioli's body standing up to the rigours of AFL footy long term and having an engine capable of playing midfield. Ironically in the early years it was Myers who was regularly breaking down but now the tides have turned.

So Mr Knights knew what he was doing after all in taking Myers before Rioli.
Did Knights have any control over that decision?

What a game!

Totally worth the trip over there.

Adelaide Oval is an amazing ground and everyone needs to go there at least once to watch footy.

Into the final 60 seconds of the replay.

One question; HOW THE **** WAS THAT NOT HOLDING THE BALL ON MONFRIES???!!!?!?!?!??

It's decisions like those which make me think I'm not so paranoid when I think the AFL has an active conspiracy against us in order to not reach the finals again.

Absolute bullshit wasn't it
It's decisions like those which make me think I'm not so paranoid when I think the AFL has an active conspiracy against us in order to not reach the finals again.

I was simply dumbfounded. Like, I know you can make a case when a player drags it in (players pile up on top of him), or he has just gained possession of the ball (no prior) but 'Gus was running into an open goal and had ample time to dispose of the ball.

Simply dumbfounded!

just quietly, we are really bloody building. Seeing the return of Dempsey to some form, Ryder continuing on, Zaka keeping on keeping on and our role players stepping up to the plate (like Zach, Winders, Howlett, Chappy).

Once our forwards settle with each other, watch out!

Into the final 60 seconds of the replay.

One question; HOW THE **** WAS THAT NOT HOLDING THE BALL ON MONFRIES???!!!?!?!?!??
Gerard Healy is adamant that it was not holding the ball as the ball was knocked free in the tackle.

You know nothing Gerard Healy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back