Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Xavier Duursma

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Willem Who? Willem Drew

Votes: 11 22.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
2019-Ports_Fab_Four-logo.jpg

From JLT2 we had a look at our likely opening R1 team and since then the Portles a.k.a. the Fab Four (sorry Portology) have been thrilling us.

How I hope we look on them all playing their first H&A games together like Cats' fans look back on the 2001 draft (Jimmy Bartel, James Kelly, Charlie Gardiner, Steve Johnson, Gary Ablett Jr, Henry Playfair).

Over to you Justin Cripps, nail their contracts down.

Jul 1, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Ducks, Yankees
They are playing very well. But let's also not forget that they are playing well in their second tiered roles because players like Boak and Rockliff have stood up immensely this year. When the A graders are firing it makes everyone's job so much easier.

Going to be exciting to watch this group develop. Could be as good a group as the 2006 draft class if they apply themselves.

I don't think Rozee would be Ringo?
Rozee would actually be John.
Serious genius. Butters would sing Yellow Submarine and marry Barbara Bach.
I actually spent time thinking about this too. ;)
Initially just wanted the best fit of available head shots to the old Beatles photo.
Then decided to look up the old descriptors and have my guess at how they'd match up to the players. Yes, I got greedy.

Sep 26, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
They all bring something different, composed Rozee, Clever butters, Smooth Drew and Duursma imo is very underated, if he sticks around long enough will surprise many. Big call I know but imo he has the stuff that makes a good leader or even future captain.

Last edited:

Sleezy

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
They all bring something different, composed Rozee, Clever butters, Smooth Drew and Dursma imo is very underated, if he sticks around long enough will surprise many. Big call I know but imo he has the stuff that makes a good leader or even future captain.
So you're saying Duursma is George Harrison - the late blooming best Beatle?

Jack Watts wants to be the Brian Epstein role and manage the band.

Dont know who gets the George Martin 5th Beatles role. Robbie???

Back