Votes: 11 22.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Burton89onegoal

Team Captain
Jan 1, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Geelong got Corey, Chapman, Enright & Ling in '99 draft....lets hope our 2018 draft is our version of that draft for the Cats.

Remember when Darren Mead won Best First Year Player in 1997?

That was 22 years ago, you say?

Shut up
It was 22 years ago today*
That Darren Mead began to play
He's been going in and out of style
But he's guaranteed to raise a smile
So may I introduce to you
The Mead you've known for all these years?
Port Adelaide's tall defender man.

* for RossFC and elpirate it was poetic licence with 'today', and yes Mead did play with the Maggies pre 1997

Last edited:
John Butcher in the role of Pete Best.
I've thought about this while walking the dog and have decided Butcher would best be the Rolling Stones' Brian Jones. Early fame and money, found face down in his swimming pool.

AFC AFeederClub

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
what is obvious is Portia owns Duursma a huge on-air apology, from what ive seen of him its absolute gun-material, we can look forward to a hybrid cross of Issac Smith & Andrew Gaff in years to come with double the courage of those 2. If you looked at Butters you would say everytime he will struggle at AFL level with his bodysize but when you watch him in the game his footy IQ is 3 steps ahead of the oppo, and as for Rozee you would say he's been the least exciting of the 3 at the moment but his upside is huge.

ive always like Drew, he's the man with the golden hands

... and as for Rozee you would say he's been the least exciting of the 3 at the moment ....
The poll here interests me greatly. In 2 games Rozee has accrued 36 disposals and plays the in and under role at clearances just a little less than Drew. He has 2 goals. Yet as of today his polling numbers are like the federal coalition.

Looking at the Drew/Rozee comparison, if the question is who's been better so far, I'd say Drew, which with his AFL ready body, extra two years in the system and more significant role in the side that's not surprising. If the question is who's going to have the better career, Rozee all the way.

Geelong got Corey, Chapman, Enright & Ling in '99 draft....lets hope our 2018 draft is our version of that draft for the Cats.
Followed up by Bartel, Kelly, Stevie J and Ablett in the 2001 Super draft. Which Fab 4 is better?

Followed up by Bartel, Kelly, Stevie J and Ablett in the 2001 Super draft ....
Yeah I quoted them in the opening post, plus Henry Playfair who gave them 52 games and and Charlie Gardiner who had 51 for them. Subject for another thread but boy we $%^&ed up in that draft.

Yeah I quoted them in the opening post, plus Henry Playfair who gave them 52 games and and Charlie Gardiner who had 51 for them. Subject for another thread but boy we $%^&ed up in that draft.
I have done another thread that covers it - started it in 2008 and still going. You also forgot David Johnson who played 80 odd games and was emergency in 2007 GF and Brett Grigic who only played 13 for the cats but 90 all up.

Oct 11, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
what is obvious is Portia owns Duursma a huge on-air apology, from what ive seen of him its absolute gun-material, we can look forward to a hybrid cross of Issac Smith & Andrew Gaff in years to come with double the courage of those 2. If you looked at Butters you would say everytime he will struggle at AFL level with his bodysize but when you watch him in the game his footy IQ is 3 steps ahead of the oppo, and as for Rozee you would say he's been the least exciting of the 3 at the moment but his upside is huge.

ive always like Drew, he's the man with the golden hands

Rozee has arguably the best stats and plays in the hardest position in the AFL (half forward)

Oct 7, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Are there other teams?
Looking at the Drew/Rozee comparison, if the question is who's been better so far, I'd say Drew, which with his AFL ready body, extra two years in the system and more significant role in the side that's not surprising. If the question is who's going to have the better career, Rozee all the way.
There should be 3 polls- Who will win Best First Year Player? Who will end up the better player? Most likely to win a Norm Smith?

Back