Port's commercially favorable fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Just noticed on the fixture that Port have home night games at AO for the NEXT 3 ROUNDS.
This Fri versus Tigers
Next Thurs versus the Dogs
Following Fri versus Dees

That's some massive ride they've been given commercially there, all exclusive games on FTA and don't have to compete with other matches for air time. How that sort of slanted fixturing is possible is beyond me, like so much that the AFL does these days that is incomprehensible.

Port have been given a gift from the Gils Gods, they wouldn't want to stuff it up!

Just noticed on the fixture that Port have home night games at AO for the NEXT 3 ROUNDS.
This Fri versus Tigers

That's some massive ride they've been given commercially there, all exclusive games on FTA and don't have to compete with other matches for air time. How that sort of slanted fixturing is possible is beyond me, like so much that the AFL does these days that is incomprehensible.

Port have been given a gift from the Gils Gods, they wouldn't want to stuff it up!

hahahahahaha.

we've just had trips to Etihad, Perth, Showdown, China and Tasmania in the last month with just the showdown at home which is always a brutal contest.
Also we've had just the 1 saturday night fixture so far which was ANZAC rnd with all others being either Saturday twighlight, or Sat afternoon.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.

Well they deserve it, they played a s**t load of games away from Adelaide before the bye, probably at request to even out the fact that they had their bye a couple weeks before everyone else.
They had their bye a few weeks before everyone else because they got a 12th home game in China

This Fri versus Tigers

No mention of us travelling to Melbourne, then to Perth, then a Showdown, then to Shanghai, then to Launceston after a bye?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bahahahah
a trip to your home ground???

------
anyhoo o/p
nothing wrong with port playing friday night games, that north melbourne 'we invented friday nights' ship has long since passed

He simply means that our one game in Adelaide in the space of 6 weeks happened to be the most brutal and gruelling match-up in the sport.

This Fri versus Tigers

Port the new Carlton. :$

And what about all their Saturday evening/night games? They have quite a few of those too.
They’ve only had 1 Saturday night game so far (v Geelong )
And they don’t have any more for the rest of the year
(Saturday twilight doesn’t count from an exposure point of view, if that’s what you were referring to by “evening”)

didnt the Adelaide clubs petition hard fir Thursday night games?

Considering the bye weeks work better for Thursday night games its no suprise really

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You were home that week, so no travel for 2 weeks

Your choice to play there

So you had 2 weeks to prepare for it with the bye

My point regarding the Showdown is that our one game in Adelaide in the space of 6 weeks was the most gruelling match-up in the sport.

Yes, it was our choice and idea to play in Shanghai, but we travelled 3/4 weeks and it's a lot of travel when you add trips to Melbourne & Perth onto it.

True, we had a bye to prepare for the Launceston game, but 3 straight home games is fair and justified when 4 of our previous 5 games were on the road.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back