Port's commercially favorable fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

bahahahah
a trip to your home ground???

------
anyhoo o/p
nothing wrong with port playing friday night games, that north melbourne 'we invented friday nights' ship has long since passed

hahaha, Well spotted :D
but you know what I mean with the travelling part, with one of them at our own request.
The boys have racked the frequent flyer points lately.
I'm sure they'll enjoy leaving the suitcases at home for a few weeks.

Interstate clubs shouldn’t get 3 games at home unless it includes the derby in there.
It’s wrong and I don’t like it.
That is true- I think it has worked out this way as Adelaide has the bye and two away (The bye would have been the scheduled home game?)? It is an anomaly of the bye round.
(I like the rotational system for two-team towns, I think in isolation it is fair on them.)

Interstate clubs shouldn’t get 3 games at home unless it includes the derby in there.

Vic clubs regularly go 4, 6, 8 weeks without leaving home.

Vic clubs should have to travel interstate 8 times a year each. That would make the comp almost fair.

Its time to balance home games per club in terms of "home state" games per club.

Collingwood 17 home state games - 5 away
Port 12 home state games - 10 away

How is having 8 of the 18 clubs travelling interstate twice as often fair?

The Victorian clubs should play 12 games in their home state each year, 5 away as is, and 5 more vs other Vic clubs in places like Cairns, Albury, Hobart, Alice and Darwin.

Last edited:
He simply means that our one game in Adelaide in the space of 6 weeks happened to be the most brutal and gruelling match-up in the sport.

lol

hyperbole, noun;
an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally

Its time to balance home games per club in terms of "home state" games per club.

The Victorian clubs should play 12 games in their home state each year, 5 away as is, and 5 more vs other Vic clubs in places like Cairns, Albury, Hobart, Alice and Darwin.
makes perfect sense

if you're mentally impaired that is

Ah, what will any of that achieve? You do get that they’re 10 teams in Victoria yeah?

It’s an irrelevant point you’re trying to make anyway. Yes Melbourne sides stay in their states more for obvious reasons. They also lose a big home ground/home state advantage when they play another Melbourne side. It all evens out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just noticed on the fixture that Port have home night games at AO for the NEXT 3 ROUNDS.
This Fri versus Tigers
Next Thurs versus the Dogs
Following Fri versus Dees

That's some massive ride they've been given commercially there, all exclusive games on FTA and don't have to compete with other matches for air time. How that sort of slanted fixturing is possible is beyond me, like so much that the AFL does these days that is incomprehensible.

Port have been given a gift from the Gils Gods, they wouldn't want to stuff it up!
These games are for the big 4 vic clubs. Non vic clubs and their sponsors have no right sharing the spoils of prime time coverage.

Ok. Now serious.

OP to go back over last 5 years and tell us all how port are being gifted prime time coverage

Vic clubs regularly go 4, 6, 8 weeks without leaving home.

Vic clubs should have to travel interstate 8 times a year each. That would make the comp almost fair.
Lol wut. There’s eight interstate teams in the comp. Unless you’re advocating for a 34 week season how is that even remotely fair? Idiot.

No club should get two interstate travel games in a row, unless one is a sold "home" game. If we get Hobart then Perth, that's a risk with our own choices - similar for teams who play in NT, Canberra or Launceston.
Gold Coast's circumstances this year were unfortunate, and shouldn't happen again except in rare cases.

No club should get two interstate travel games in a row, unless one is a sold "home" game. If we get Hobart then Perth, that's a risk with our own choices - similar for teams who play in NT, Canberra or Launceston.
Gold Coast's circumstances this year were unfortunate, and shouldn't happen again except in rare cases.
Lack of clout I think. The government decision to allow no other sport while the games were on would have been blocked in Vic. I'd rely on Tony Shepherd having the political clout to block it in NSW as well. We'd have just played at Manuka and Blacktown in the same situation I'm sure. Not inconcievable given Spotless is in the Olympic precinct and owned by the equestrian association.
The Suns were screwed over big time,.

lol don’t think this went how you expected OP?

Started with a s**t point and have been absolutely crucified by nearly every poster.

Embarrassing..hopefully you’ll have a think and do some research before posting next time...but you are a North supporter so it’s unlikektv

Remove this Banner Ad

Back