Prediction Port's Forward Line

Remove this Banner Ad

Fun fact: Charlie Dixon and Todd Marshall have played 11 games together. Of those, we've won 9 and lost only 2. And in one of those losses Marshall went off injured halfway through the second quarter.

And in the other one, we were winning when the siren went and lost after having 8 more scoring shots.

Just goes to show Ken really doesn't know how we win.

Yep. We've been here before. You could just about put your house on the fact that Hinkley and Bassett don't see the specific structure as relevant at all, it's just that Marshall played well.

They could drop Dixon this week, and you could just about bet your house on it being about 3 rounds into 2020 before we're playing with a solo key forward again.

Fun fact: Charlie Dixon and Todd Marshall have played 11 games together. Of those, we've won 9 and lost only 2. And in one of those losses Marshall went off injured halfway through the second quarter.

And we can make this 10-2 as well. As opposed to 14-19 with one or both of Dixon & Marshall out of the side since Marshall's debut.

It’s amazing to learn that having talls in the forward line is of any benefit.

It must be something quite unique about the modern game that allows this concept to work.

It’s a good thing we have a smart coach who is on the leading edge of the modern game

I'd really like to see how Ebert fares in say Sutcliffe's spot now that we are playing the three talls in Dixon, Marshall and Ryder/Ladhams as he doesn't have to be a designated marking target. Offers great tackling pressure, a good mark and threat in the air, a tank that can go all day and the ability to work himself up the ground if needed to. Really unfortunate he's injured when we we are finally trialling a structure he might be suited to, but hopefully we persist with it next season as well and get a glimpse of what he can provide.

Geez I was bloody amazed during the week when I heard Rooch on SEN (and a few other media experts) say Hinkley was genius with his selections last game with his tall fwd line. Should’nt they be saying why didn’t he do it 3 years ago!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back