Memphis

Club Legend
Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Manchester United, Boston Celtics
Ryder use to be an aggressive player but things have changed. Whether that's due to injuries I don't know but his attitude and desire are very different to peak Ryder at Port.
He doesn't want to be there anymore.
As much as i love him it doesn't excuse him from giving his all in every game.

Capital Power

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sharks
He doesn't want to be there anymore.
As much as i love him it doesn't excuse him from giving his all in every game.
That's a real shame. I remember that awesome pic of him turning up at training at 12:01 on the day his suspension expired. What are we doing to make these guys who were once so loyal like this? :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PAFC66

Sack Hinkley.. please,for the love of God.
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'll order a fresh 30 + point win over North Melbourne at Marvel Stadium with a side of 3 + goals by either Robbie or Dixon topped off with a three-vote performance by DBJ to get him into the All Australian team.
Unless we don't have that available?
DBJ worst on ground.

B0ydmental

It used to hurt
Sep 18, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
That's a real shame. I remember that awesome pic of him turning up at training at 12:01 on the day his suspension expired. What are we doing to make these guys who were once so loyal like this? :(
Rydet, and monfries, should have taken the offer as port requested, but no, they went with Essendon. That cost us. The 12.01 thing was a gimmick.

portly

Premiership Player
Apr 8, 2001
SA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
DBJ worst on ground.
Now this is what really gets to me. That game from DBJ was way out of the ordinary, an incredible outlier, so far from normal that I really wonder why.

In recent times his ability to get to contests, win them with composure then distribute the ball well has improved out of sight.

That effort was worse than the worst first gamer.

Which to me points to something was very wrong with the team that day. Emotionally, mentally, a combination?

And I couldn't understand why, when it was obvious that they were just chasing bums, they didn't go one-on-one.

Crazy game.

RossFC

May 23, 2012
Alberton Oval
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Now this is what really gets to me. That game from DBJ was way out of the ordinary, an incredible outlier, so far from normal that I really wonder why.

In recent times his ability to get to contests, win them with composure then distribute the ball well has improved out of sight.

That effort was worse than the worst first gamer.

Which to me points to something was very wrong with the team that day. Emotionally, mentally, a combination?

And I couldn't understand why, when it was obvious that they were just chasing bums, they didn't go one-on-one.

Crazy game.
I was watching the game 3rd level up behind the goals so I had a birds eye view of how our whole team was running and defending as a unit.

From what I saw, we had no urgency, put on no pressure on the ball carriers, had no structure at all and left a heap of space on the wings for North to stroll through.

North Melb at stoppages were set up perfectly and knew how to get out of areas with slick handballs and proper kicks. Meanwhile whenever we got the ball we just hacked it forward to nobody in particular. It was awful football.

Schulzenfest

TheBrownDog
Feb 23, 2008
SA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Toronto Raptors
I was watching the game 3rd level up behind the goals so I had a birds eye view of how our whole team was running and defending as a unit.

From what I saw, we had no urgency, put on no pressure on the ball carriers, had no structure at all and left a heap of space on the wings for North to stroll through.

North Melb at stoppages were set up perfectly and knew how to get out of areas with slick handballs and proper kicks. Meanwhile whenever we got the ball we just hacked it forward to nobody in particular. It was awful football.
The space on the wings was the key. Norf had players standing entirely on their own on the wing all ****ing day. I'd love to see their uncontested mark numbers.

Top Bottom