Northalives

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2005
Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PORT ADELAIDE
It’s more that Ryder offers more as a forward than Ladhams at this stage of his career, and that should have been the position that was up for grabs.
Lycett is our number one ruckman, Ryder is our 2nd ruck resting in the forward lines. Ladhams is a junior, a rookie who is years away from being an AFL ruckman and any f***er that doesn't understand that does not know jack s**t about Australian Rules Football!

It’s more that Ryder offers more as a forward than Ladhams at this stage of his career, and that should have been the position that was up for grabs.
4 effective disposals and a goal was Ryder’s forward game tonight. Worse than Sutcliffe last week.

The only real case to be made for Ryder is his ruck play, which includes actual post-tap impact

Northalives

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2005
Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PORT ADELAIDE
Yeah what would Brett Montgomery know about winning premierships at Port Adelaide :drunk:
F**k Montgomery. He played in a premiership but he wouldn't know if his pubes were on fire. He showed just how incompetent and unprofessional he is by getting in front of the media and not only canvassing thoughts and possible decisions that are in the exclusive domain of the senior coach, he says that a rookie will be playing ahead of a premiership ruckman who was magnificent in the twos!

What the f**k are we playing at here? Has the game changed so much that supposed intelligent and articulate coaching staff no longer understand the basics of the art form called Australian Rules Football? Montgomery's yapping and Voss's non too subtle expressions of wanting to f**k off out of the club to get a senior coaching job show a complete lack of nous and decorum - f**k these pretentious gits! We have been taken over by pretenders.

Northalives

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2005
Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PORT ADELAIDE
4 effective disposals and a goal was Ryder’s forward game tonight. Worse than Sutcliffe last week.

The only real case to be made for Ryder is his ruck play, which includes actual post-tap impact
That's right - his ruck play and his experience and abilities in the forward line when we get first look at the ball! Football is a team game and Goldstien was far too mobile, too strong, too intelligent, too experienced to be let loose off the leash and young Ladhams, try as he did the young fella, was never ever going to get anywhere near Goldstien were as Lycett would have battered Goldstein and went all over the ground with him.

Hinkley and the selectors were stupid and it is not the fault of Ladhums nor Ryder. If Hinkley and his entourage of yes men have any self respect, they'll resign open mass tonight.

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What saddens me is being at the club last night listening to greats bleed about toughness, honour to play at Port etc etc

Then to see this served before my eyes. Go Steve Smith
And you sounded pretty excited about next year and wanting us to stick fat with the club financially etc. what a slap in the face this game was. Unbelievable how bad we were.

Kiss from a Rozee

Goddess
Bring Back the Bars
Nov 23, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Look I’m still really pissed off with Ryder but now I’m thinking maybe our midfielders made him look worse. He’s never been a ball winner and he was giving us first use.

Contested possessions were 175 to 124 and uncontested was a horrific 341 to 176. The hugely outworked us all over. Goldstein getting 35 disposals is on Ryder, but the rest are down to our players being completely out of position or too lazy to get into position.

They literally always had numbers around the ball. I don’t even understand how. Like surely when its 10v 5 they can’t find 2 players on their own on the wing but yes that actually happened.

The way they walked it out of the centre so easily was infuriating. Everyone loves Schofield but WTF was happening at centre bounces? Do our players not know how to tackle? Were they too slow? Were wingmen/flankers too slow to provide support? Were we too reactive? Too fumbly? Was Ryder’s flagpole impression after jumping THAT effective? I just can’t understand how you can just keep losing the contest for the ball over and over without deciding to stick to your man instead of just allowing them to do whatever, I mean I don’t think any of our players went with 15 metres of Jared Polec FFS.

And you sounded pretty excited about next year and wanting us to stick fat with the club financially etc. what a slap in the face this game was. Unbelievable how bad we were.

I still will

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
I wish we had a 200cm key defender that could beat Brown in the air...

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
In hindsight this week's selection was a massive case of drinking their own bathwater and not really taking North Melbourne seriously as a threat.

#1: Playing Ryder and Ladhams against Goldstein when they were only in form because we played the two worst ruck teams in the AFL in the past fortnight.

#2: Going in with a very short backline against a 200cm proven goalkicker when we have Doogs in the reserves. Sick of players like Brown and Lynch and Hipwood taking us to town.

#3: Playing a very underdone Burton, I assume due to wanting to get his match fitness up in the AFL.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I am even more puzzled by Port than I am about that display by North.

Whether Hinkley can coach or not is not the question, because the players are just not responding to him. He has to go, and a few Port players should be shown the door with him.

Jul 31, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Whether Hinkley can coach or not is not the question, because the players are just not responding to him. He has to go, and a few Port players should be shown the door with him.
Haven't we warned you before about coming over here sprouting truth, logic and common sense?

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Haven't we warned you before about coming over here sprouting truth, logic and common sense?

It was errrr.............bizarre. The most schizophrenic season of footy I have seen from a club in many years.

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
It was errrr.............bizarre. The most schizophrenic season of footy I have seen from a club in many years.

Surely just an indication of immense talent and deplorable mental fortitude.

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1

There was nothing puzzling about the display by North. They were playing against witches hats. You may as well be cheering Ben Brown for kicking 10 goals at training.

Back