Preview Ports 'n' Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon!

We are decent at the G and not having Dixon will stop the bomb ins.

The only thing perhaps hurting us is the mental aspect of Saturday.

I think we could win this but stop the bombs?

We are dumb enough to kick high balls to Neade who's outnumbered whether dixon is playing or not.

Voss reckons the past two weeks we’ve been playing at 90% right and 10% wrong.

He also said that before that it was more like 50-50.

It might sound weird, but I reckon with Dixon out, we’ll see 100% right, because it will force players into a different mindset. I remember when we first brought Dixon into the side - gone was the running and the kicking to leading players, replaced with the s**t hit and hope crap that we’ve seen for the past three years. Which would be great if Dixon was one out against a defender, but generally he’s surrounded by three defenders.

Jack Watts and Justin Westhoff...your time is now.

Voss reckons the past two weeks we’ve been playing at 90% right and 10% wrong.

He also said that before that it was more like 50-50.

It might sound weird, but I reckon with Dixon out, we’ll see 100% right, because it will force players into a different mindset. I remember when we first brought Dixon into the side - gone was the running and the kicking to leading players, replaced with the s**t hit and hope crap that we’ve seen for the past three years. Which would be great if Dixon was one out against a defender, but generally he’s surrounded by three defenders.

Jack Watts and Justin Westhoff...your time is now.
Agree, we have been so one dimensional with Dixon as our go-to target. I can see our midfielders chipping in for goals this week - Rocky, Chad, Ebert, 3 goals each please.

How are you guys likely to line up F50? Our backline is really short but seem to cover any forward line on the spread as we're all mid sized.
No Dixon is a massive help because we can't handle a beast forward.
Middle is a match if Ryder gets up, is that at all possible?
And without knowing any facts, I swear you guys have had the wood on us for ages, and at the G.
should be huge, we're playing for a potential top 4, you need it to stay in the finals. massive
Pies by 28

How are you guys likely to line up F50? Our backline is really short but seem to cover any forward line on the spread as we're all mid sized.
And without knowing any facts, I swear you guys have had the wood on us for ages, and at the G.
should be huge, we're playing for a potential top 4, you need it to stay in the finals. massive
Pies by 28
I'm gonna guess our front 6 will be.

R.Gray-Watts-Johnson
Farrell-Westhoff-Boak

Pies by 28

You've picked just the right team to play against with an undermanned backline.

Pies by 28

Weill likely have Westoff and Watts line up as the tall options, however in general play the fwd fifty will be empty or occupied by s.gray.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks so dire.
Don't worry, we'll be in front at half time, park the bus and defend a slim lead for half a game and then in the last 10 seconds when it matters for some reason we won't flood the backline and have midfielders matched up on their tall forwards.

Don't worry fellas, the Pies haven't performed well against top 8 teams all year, having only beaten Melbourne. She'll be right!!

But then again, after they do beat us we'll no longer be a top 8 team. Go figure!

Like who though?

• Hinkley is locked in until the end of 2021
• Voss just got extended for another 2 years
• Cornes and Thompson are here for the long haul
• Nicks is already off to GWS
• Greaves is going home to Vic

Who leaves? Koch? Nah. Thomas? Nah. Davies? Nah.

Cripps? Lade?

Whilst it’s obly speculation. Some of those contracts (particularly hinkleys) may very well have performace criteria attached for the extension to come into effect.

It would be negligence to have given him one given what he has achieved, I’d be incredibly disappointed in Koch/KT and the board if we were to miss finals (or only just sneak in and go out in week 1) and we’re not able to fire him without payout.

Several posters have said our forward entries would improve with Dixon out - I'm not buying that.
I hope we find a way to win, but if it happens I expect it'll be in a frustrating, wasteful, scoring-is-so-hard manner.

Don't worry, we'll be in front at half time, park the bus and defend a slim lead for half a game and then in the last 10 seconds when it matters for some reason we won't flood the backline and have midfielders matched up on their tall forwards.

We joke about this sort of thing but it could legitimately happen again and no-one would be surprised.

Dougal Howard on the news tonight:

'We've seen the Bulldogs play with a smaller forward line and continue to put up high scores, and we've seen where that's got them'

ummm.

Anyway, looks like we're going small again.

Dougal Howard on the news tonight:

'We've seen the Bulldogs play with a smaller forward line and continue to put up high scores, and we've seen where that's got them'

ummm.

Anyway, looks like we're going small again.

Using the Dogs as an example of a team putting up high scores in 2018?

We are truly ****ed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back