2nds Ports v Crows, qualifying final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Find it very hard to imagine Jacobs playing SANFL finals.

Whose your 3rd string ruck? Strachan?

Realisitically on paper our side should smash that one.
Surely Jacobs would say no if he has another AFL contract lined up.

Not worth the risk.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hes played 10 and 10. He doesnt qualify. We can't play McHenry who may be fit this week as he hasnt played any games after June. Play 8 SANFL and 0 AFL. Same with Macpherson.
Appeals due to injuries will deffs be approved. No way someone gets rejected if they haven't played AFL at all.

Crows Players Qualified (17 allowed)
Matthew Wright
Myles Poholke
Tyson Stengle
Chayce Jones
Andy Otten
Shane Macadam
Sam Jacobs
Darcy Fogarty
Elliott Himmelberg
Will Hamill
Lachlan Sholl
Ben Davis
Patrick Wilson
Jordan Butts
Kieran Strachan

Then 6 top ups from
Hamish Latchford
Tom Hutcheson
Matthew Merrett
Jy Farrer
Jordan Boyle
Mitchell Johnson
Jackson Press
Billy Hayes
Lachlan Ryan
James Matthews
Corey Davey
Pierce Seymour
Sam Therdaldesn

Sam Therdaldesn

Did you just sneeze and hit all the keys at once?

With the double header, I expect more people at the ground will likely be watching the ‘curtain raiser’ than the QF, I highly doubt many crow fans would give a toss about their $ANFL side even with their AFL team again missing the finals. I bet channel $even will be frothing over this game though...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here is the list:

McKenzie and Marshall cannot play. So, we are going to field the other 16. The doubt is Cox. If he is allowed to compete, he closes the list of 17 AFL players.

Then, 4 or 5 SANFL-only players complete the side.

I still believe this is the case with Marshall and McKenzie but the crows had the rules/conditions on their website and according to that information it is possible that Marshall and McKenzie are allowed to play this weekend. So, I hope the crows are correct.

Saturday 31st of August 7:05pm at Adelaide Oval. Also on Channel 7.

ECt9Ga9U0AEcnck

I still think Marshall and McKenzie are qualified. Drew has been approved to play.

We'll be sweating on Ladhams concussion. Johnson will most likely be suspend too. 4 SANFL listed players must play.

Predicted Maggies Changes:
IN: Marshall, McKenzie, Drew, Elsworthy, Davidson, Appleton
OUT: Howard, Motlop, Butters (Not Qualified), Johnson (Probably Suspended), Hewett, Grundy (Omitted due to finals cap)

Predicted Maggies Side:
F: Hayes - Frampton - Cox
HF: Farrell - Marshall - Woodcock
C: Pudney - Atley - Mayes
HB: Frederick - Lienert - Sutcliffe
B: Corcoran - McKenzie - Garner
R: Ladhams - Trengove - Drew
INT: Elsworthy - Davidson - Appleton
EMERG: Hewett - Grundy

Other:
Johnson: (Reported, ?)
Wong: (Last Played, Round 7)
Hill: (Last Played, Round 8)
M.Mead: (Last Played, Round 9)
Edwards: (Last Played, Round 15)
Strange: (Last Played, Round 17)

Seriously? Drew permitted to play?

Edit: On the SANFL website Drew is listed as qualified and they state that McKenzie and Marshall are free to play this weekend!!! Woohoo. On Drew though, I wonder if the sanfl has done a stuff up.

Johnson got a week, the guy who cleaned up Ladhams got 2 weeks and Ben Davis from the crows got 2 weeks also

Last edited:
Update to crows team now that list is out. Also hearing McHenry will be back

Wright Himmelberg Stengle
Hutcheson Fogarty Macadam
Gallucci Wilson Jones
Hamill Otten Macpherson
Merrett Butts Sholl
Jacobs
McHenry
Poholke

Inter Strachan Davey Boyle

Johnson and Hewett should miss. If McKenzie isn’t going to be here next year I’d rather Grundy get more experience in bigger games.
Grundy has plenty of time. He is too raw at the moment to play these games. It's about time we put a premiership first, Grundy should be out.

AJ and Grundy the definite outs.

The other one is tough. Pudney maybe, Frederick? Hewett is one of our better SANFL players but won't be here next year so he's questionable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back