2nds Ports v Crows, qualifying final.

robbo1981

Club Legend
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
A mispick would be selecting a spud, i cant take you serious when you call someone 'McNuggets'.

My preference would be duursma > mchenry if you had a single pick, but they didnt have one pick they had two and had planned to get both, and nearly did get both. Ill stick to my original statement that all three will be good players for the crows, if you want to see mispicks go for Galluci and Polholke for them

Out of curiosity how many games have you seen McHenry play?if you are basing your entire opinion off last night's game that's a yikes
Ok you got me hamish

(Log in to remove this ad.)

shewho

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Are there other teams?
It was a finals win but we will have to play 20% better to win another. Should have beaten Flogerty and his parkland mates by 10 goals.

We need more run- Johnson to play one wing, Farrell the other. Billy needs to step up. The top ups need to show more.

On the bright side- Ladhams, McKenzie and Drew were great. Cox is a major threat, Hayes and Marshall are some dry weather away from monstering this level.

We can win this but a lot will have to go right.

OneGreatClub

Hall of Famer
Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It was a finals win but we will have to play 20% better to win another. Should have beaten Flogerty and his parkland mates by 10 goals.

We need more run- Johnson to play one wing, Farrell the other. Billy needs to step up. The top ups need to show more.

On the bright side- Ladhams, McKenzie and Drew were great. Cox is a major threat, Hayes and Marshall are some dry weather away from monstering this level.

We can win this but a lot will have to go right.
When did Cox return from his kidney injury?
Maybe he will be better for another game back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SaltnPepperSam

Senior List
May 20, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Oh ok how many times you seen these kids play ?
Seen about 6-7 games for them at SANFL level + the JLT game at Pirie, and followed McHenry through his draft year because i thought he would be around our needs, what about you?

Then again you being a Port supporter who gets everything he knows about "our Crows" from The Advertiser would explain the rose colored glasses with which you see them too.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
The part about McHenry's family i got from the paper and forums, why would that judge my opinion of his ability to play football? I couldn't care less for the Advertisers opinion on a player, i usually go by what i see on the field when judging a players ability

David Puddy

All Australian
Aug 19, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Wasn't a great game to watch, but was worth it just to see Drew, Marshall and Ladhams go about it. Were all a class above and should be absolute staples of the AFL side next season.

Cox looks the goods and would have had a day out if he kicked a bit straighter - looking forward to seeing blokes like him and Woodcock hopefully get more of an opportunity next season with Sam Gray gone.

The_Wookie

Queenslander
Jul 2, 2010
Launceston
AFL Club
Carlton
An average audience of 65,000 viewers saw Seven’s prime time coverage of the SANFL Qualifying Final as Port Adelaide claimed victory over Adelaide. It was the biggest television audience for a SANFL Qualifying Final since 2017.

A peak audience of 107,000 viewers watched the 7pm clash at Adelaide Oval and the match reached 232,000viewers.

Earlier in the day an average audience of 47,000 viewers watched Norwood v Sturt in the Elimination Final at Adelaide Oval.

A peak audience of 95,000 viewers saw the Redlegs hold off the Double Blues to win by 14 points. The match reached 170,000 viewers.
source: 7 Adelaide PR

RussellEbertHandball et al

RussellEbertHandball

Flick pass expert
Nov 16, 2004
SE Oz
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Mighty Blacks
source: 7 Adelaide PR

RussellEbertHandball et al
Am I right in thinking that in 2014 the SANFL was rating a few games in the 60,000-70,000 range, most around 30,000-40,00 and a showdown was close to 100,000, and now it regularly rates between 20,000 and 30,000?? Or was the 100,000 a finals figure? Thanks in advance mate.

Top Bottom