2nds Ports v Crows, qualifying final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Soooo, do we have a team to put on the park?

Here is the list (edited with the official list published by SANFL):

Port Adelaide
SANFL Finals Squad

AFL Players (20)

Joe Atley
Tobin Cox
Willem Drew
Kane Farrell
Billy Frampton
Marty Frederick
Joel Garner
Riley Grundy
Sam Hayes
Cameron Hewett
Aidyn Johnson
Peter Ladhams
Jarrod Lienert
Sam Mayes
Trent McKenzie
Todd Marshall
Kai Pudney
Cam Sutcliffe
Jack Trengove
Boyd Woodcock

Only 17 AFL players can play at once. 4 SANFL-only players must complete the side.

Last edited:

Here is the list:

McKenzie and Marshall cannot play. So, we are going to field the other 16. The doubt is Cox. If he is allowed to compete, he closes the list of 17 AFL players.

Then, 4 or 5 SANFL-only players complete the side.
Are McKenzie and Marshall out for the whole finals or just the QF?

Are McKenzie and Marshall out for the whole finals or just the QF?
Just the QF. Drew is the only one who is out of the Finals for good due having played for the Power this weekend.

That's a big shame, I was happy to see him in the AFL again, but it might create a big hole to fill in our SANFL midfield.
The decision was absurd; but on par with so many other decisions that I can't say I was surprised. I was just mad — still am, actually...

A greenhorn Brazilian 13,500km away gets it

SNAFL doesn't

I hope we win every game and the GF by eleventy million points

Stuff 'em
Our club doesn't get it either.
The rules are bad. There is no need for us to make them worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So why can't drew play?

can someone please summarise the s**tty rules they have in place?
Long story short, Drew is out because he hasn't played more SANFL matches than AFL matches this season. He would have if he hadn't played for the Power against Freo.

Saturday 31st of August 7:05pm at Adelaide Oval. Also on Channel 7.

ECt9Ga9U0AEcnck

I still think Marshall and McKenzie are qualified. Drew has been approved to play.

We'll be sweating on Ladhams concussion. Johnson will most likely be suspend too. 4 SANFL listed players must play.

Maggies Changes:
IN: Marshall, McKenzie, Drew, Elsworthy, Davidson, Appleton
OUT: Howard, Motlop, Butters (Not Qualified), Johnson (Suspended), Pudney, Grundy (Omitted due to finals cap)

Maggies Side:
F: Hayes - Frampton - Cox
HF: Farrell - Marshall - Woodcock
C: Sutcliffe - Atley - Mayes
HB: Frederick - Lienert - Hewett
B: Corcoran - McKenzie - Garner
R: Ladhams - Trengove - Drew
INT: Elsworthy - Davidson - Appleton
EMERG: Pudney - Grundy

Other:
Johnson: (Suspended, 1 week)
Wong: (Last Played, Round 7)
Hill: (Last Played, Round 8)
M.Mead: (Last Played, Round 9)
Edwards: (Last Played, Round 15)
Strange: (Last Played, Round 17)

Last edited:
Here is the list:

McKenzie and Marshall cannot play. So, we are going to field the other 16. The doubt is Cox. If he is allowed to compete, he closes the list of 17 AFL players.

Then, 4 or 5 SANFL-only players complete the side.
Talk on our board is that Fog and Jones shouldnt play so they can start their break at the same time as the others. That would make it 13 afl listed available to play for us. Im hoping they are wrong and that they both play. Otherwise it could get ugly.

HH after the game on 5AA said that Drew now wouldn't qualify, but that we'll probably lodge an appeal regarding that.

So literally everyone knows the situation, and the impact of playing him in 1 dead rubber, yet we still played Drew anyway.

*in this club. Horrendous management.

HH after the game on 5AA said that Drew now wouldn't qualify, but that we'll probably lodge an appeal regarding that.

So literally everyone knows the situation, and the impact of playing him in 1 dead rubber, yet we still played Drew anyway.

fu**in this club. Horrendous management.
They are idiots. They should have played Powell-Pepper and gave Drew a week off as emergency before SANFL finals.

The appeal will be quite rightfully dismissed. We knew what we were doing and bringing in Drew was an unforced change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back