2nds Ports v Crows, qualifying final.

rogerjames

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Nice win by Port. Ladhams mobility and skill was great to watch. McKenzie commanded the back line. Drews last quarter excellent but I dont notice his impact as much as others do. Liked the way we kept persevering despite poor goal kicking in second half. Good spirit in the team. Lokan has done well.

Smithy7

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 1, 2014
South of Scotland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
You can watch the replay here ... has been uploaded .. Just have to register, and away you go... enjoy.. :) :thumbsu:

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Jones will be an excellent onballer for them, McHenry does all the things around the ground and is coming back from what 8 weeks without playing?
Fog kicked 6 only 3 weeks ago against the reigning premiers.

Crows haven't played the kids but they certainly aren't the mispicks the original claim was making
Go back to your own board.

Smithy7

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 1, 2014
South of Scotland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It was loud on the radio. It was easy to know who scored only by the roar from the crowd. We were way louder.
In case you miss my post .. Replay has been uploaded, just register and watch ..
Went to watch it .. not playing at the moment, Maybe still uploading. Will try later today.

Last edited:

The_Sheek

Senior List
Jan 30, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Nah. Nothing special there.
Butcher kicked 6 straight one game.

...and we thought he was going to be the answer to our problems..

Not sure I get the Fogarty hate tbh.
Apart from being a thug behind the ball etc I think he has some AFL ability.

Speaking of how *ing good was Ladhams , first time seeing at SANFL level in a while and he just covers the ground so well.

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons

Speaking of how f*n good was Ladhams , first time seeing at SANFL level in a while and he just covers the ground so well.
Ladhams seems to be what people want Marshall to become. Good. Marshall can be Marshall, then: a combination of Hoff, Watts, and Sam Gray.

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Speaking of how f*n good was Ladhams , first time seeing at SANFL level in a while and he just covers the ground so well.

Sure he has some AFL ability, he is a very good kick of the ball. But you cant get away with sniping blokes of the ball because you're twice there size when your playing AFL.

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We have some very good talent coming through, Fredrick will be a good player one day. Not sure where Atley is at, I know he has the talent.
Marty had some real impressive moments, as he has all year. Could develop nicely.

Atley was very frustrating, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde yesterday. One moment he bursts away from traffic, neatly finding teammates by hand or hitting a leading player perfectly by foot. The next moment, kicks it out on the full, over a teammates head or straight to a crows player and gets made to look like a 7 foot ruckman as a crows player just casually steps around him.

Jan 16, 2009
Heaps good
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies, Bulls & Cricket Aus
Yeah. Not enough is made about how genuinely massive he is. If he played for a Vic club every commentator would have mentioned it 1 million times already. One of the tallest young genuine mids in the game, and he’s a genuine stud in the making.

His form at the start of the year was a huge surprise, had a mid (ish?) year dip where he was still good but his finish to the year has been amazing.
Form suffered when we changed his role because the captain had to get a game after he recovered from his water skiing injury. Drew is a jet, should be one of the first picked mids come round 1.

Sep 26, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Marty had some real impressive moments, as he has all year. Could develop nicely.

Atley was very frustrating, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde yesterday. One moment he bursts away from traffic, neatly finding teammates by hand or hitting a leading player perfectly by foot. The next moment, kicks it out on the full, over a teammates head or straight to a crows player and gets made to look like a 7 foot ruckman as a crows player just casually steps around him.
Yeah Atley took off out of the middle beautifully on one occasion last night. Very frustrating.

Jones will be an excellent onballer for them, McHenry does all the things around the ground and is coming back from what 8 weeks without playing?
Fog kicked 6 only 3 weeks ago against the reigning premiers.

Crows haven't played the kids but they certainly aren't the mispicks the original claim was making

Fogarty, Jones and McHenry have played a grand total of three decent games at AFL level between them. They all have some strengths to their game but they all have some fairly significant weaknesses too. There's nothing 'certain' about them developing into good AFL footballers.

....he's never kicking goals on the run at AFL level....

Jimmy sees the future.

If Justin ****ing Madden kicked goals on the run at that level Ladhams is certainly a chance James

SaltnPepperSam

Cancelled
May 20, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Fogarty, Jones and McHenry have played a grand total of three decent games at AFL level between them. They all have some strengths to their game but they all have some fairly significant weaknesses too. There's nothing 'certain' about them developing into good AFL footballers.
Of course there isnt total certainty, never is with anyone. But the games I have seen them play they have been really really impressive, the original post I replied to had gone the extreme of saying crows had mispicked on all three, which is far from.

PJ Power

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 13, 2003
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Nice win by Port. Ladhams mobility and skill was great to watch. McKenzie commanded the back line. Drews last quarter excellent but I dont notice his impact as much as others do. Liked the way we kept persevering despite poor goal kicking in second half. Good spirit in the team. Lokan has done well.
In the first three quarters Drew’s workrate was clearly higher than almost every other player except perhaps Ladhams and Sutcliffe. He hunts with repeated efforts, often getting a hand in the way in ground level scrimmages to stop the opposition getting the ball out. His tackling is also excellent.

Drew’s not as slow as he looks but obviously not express pace. He covers the ground well though and his desperate instincts are automatic enough that he often gets an early step or two in to prevent an opponent sprinting away. I was impressed by some of his chasing last night. Better closing speed than I realised.

If Atley or Farrell had the repeat efforts and general level of intensity that Drew has, they would be much surer bets to make it at AFL level.

Somehow Farrell needs to learn this.

Atley comes across as a player who has a lower self-esteem or level of belief than he should have, and this holds him back. His unselfishness manifests too often in him taking a backseat to teammates. His kicking is not as disastrous as others suggest. He butchered some yesterday but made other nicely weighted passes. He is at his best when he is on the move at stoppages. The Hayes-Atley combination late in the game looked very sharp.

Back