2nds Ports v Crows, qualifying final.

That was dinosaur alley days cripes Shaun Rehn was the only bloke near him

That wasn’t the only time he did it jimmypoopoo

Never is a long time my fine feathered friend.

Mundusa

Club Legend
Mar 2, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Drew? Really? "Genuinely massive" and "One of the tallest young genuine mids in the game"?

I just dont see that. At 188cm he is a good mid-size mid. A tall mid is over 190cm, like Charlie Constable (191), Bontempelli (193), Cripps (195)et-al. Players in that 186-188 bracket like Wines, Heeney, and Drew, etc, are a good mid-sized player.

Burton is one I am looking forward to seeing work into the mid-field. At 191cm, and having a solid body, but with great athleticism & skill, is going to be a real handful for oppo players in years to come.
Drew's draft height was 188 but he's around 191 now.
I'm 188 and he walked past me at Alberton this year. Definitely had grown atleast an inch

Harlott

Premiership Player
Jul 5, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Nice win by Port. Ladhams mobility and skill was great to watch. McKenzie commanded the back line. Drews last quarter excellent but I dont notice his impact as much as others do. Liked the way we kept persevering despite poor goal kicking in second half. Good spirit in the team. Lokan has done well.
Word for word my thoughts.

jac147

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ladhams needs to learn the art of tapwork and hitting to our advantage.

We were markedly better with Hayes in ruck and Ladhams forward.
I only watched the last quarter on replay. We won nearly every centre clearance as far as I could see. I thought it was Ladhams tapping the ball to Drew, who by the way must have thought it was his birthday!! He was killing them in the centre. I guess both Sammie and Pete had turns in the centre for the last quarter.
And Billy is entitled to have a quiet one by the way. Yep his marking was off due to Ottens wearing him like a glove!

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
No one loses then - Team for South Australians....!
The mutuality principle - the proposition that an organisation cannot profit from itself.

chickentendies

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Mar 26, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I wanna see Drew at the coal face a helluva lot more at AFL level what that means for Wines, Rockliff & SPP I don't really give a s**t.

What I love about Drew's inside work is how ******* clean it is. There's a need for one of SPP or Wines, but not both simply due to how inefficient their disposal is.

One thing I have noticed about Drew, when he is under pressure and forced to kick left foot in a tight jam, he takes one step and does a torp. He has a good normal right foot kick, both under pressure and when he has time - better than SPP and Wines.

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Of course there isnt total certainty, never is with anyone. But the games I have seen them play they have been really really impressive, the original post I replied to had gone the extreme of saying crows had mispicked on all three, which is far from.
So you would pick Jones and McHenry in front of duursma?

JimmyBeerCans

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
May 6, 2013
Hell
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I don't think Fogarty will amount to much but he looks better at AFL level than SANFL he's a cheap shot prick though.

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
I don't think Fogarty will amount to much but he looks better at AFL level than SANFL he's a cheap shot prick though.

His game against West Coast was good but West Coast had the king of all off nights. His best attribute is his kick but you're not always going to get it served to you the way he did that night.

SaltnPepperSam

Cancelled
May 20, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So you would pick Jones and McHenry in front of duursma?
Personally I would have, only because they thought Duursma would be there at 19. Once he was off the board at 18 they traded their pick to Carlton.

If we didn't select him the tingles would have him, their strategy nearly worked.

Back