2nds Ports v Crows, qualifying final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Port 2004

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2012
Bellevue Heighta
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
He called him a superstar in the first quarter.

I rushed to my dictionary as it was clear I had misunderstood the meaning of superstar

Turns out after checking the dictionary and then double checking with google I do know what a superstar is.

Mark Sodastream does not.
What a stupid I’ll i formed comment from a b grade crow biased commentator. Fogarty and superstar seriously don’t blend together. Jesus

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
Hopefully Billy, Trengrove and Atley have better games, that Cox and Marshall kick straighter, and that Johnson returns and tears the Bays a new one.

Really want to go into the GF and let Glenelg and whoever both beat the absolute crap out of each other.

Surely he gets suspended for charging last night ?

For a second I actually thought he got reported on the spot last night.

But then I remembered snanfull don’t really care what port and crow players do to each other in the privacy of their own homes.

Marat

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2017
Marrickville
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I was just stoked to see Marshall hit packs at pace and complete over and over. Someone mentioned before, he has found the intensity which he needs to bring every game, and if that is his base he will have a very good career.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good game from Marshall. How was the overhead mark running with the flight of the ball! Love his mobility, smarts, balance and foot skills. Still think he will be a beauty. Some are saying he is too slight - while shoulders and chest will never be huge he has put on some good size and is strong through the thighs and glutes with a low centre of gravity which means he is great below the knees for a big man. And don’t forget he is still only 20!

Sewer de Lance

Premiership Player
Feb 10, 2013
Queensland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Jamaica Bob Sled FC
Kane Farrell’s kicking action is an extraordinarily work of art...very, very impressive.

I know there are a lot of Atley knockers on the forum but his inside work & ability to accelerate away from congestion is A Grade. Watch Rocky lumbar around against Norf, complete liability & tell me Joey isn’t a better option? Yes his kicking is poor, but at least he’s not an invalid.

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1
He seems to lose a bit of momentum 2 strides before kicking and then ends up leaning back a bit. Definitely needs to work on fluency over the offseason.
Strange, all year he nailed everything, just putting it down to an off night where he lost a bit of confidence, I'm very sure he will bounce back

FutureShock

Team Captain
May 13, 2019
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ladhams and McKenzie clearly our 2 most impressive players in the game. McKenzie again showed he has something to offer after finally having an injury-free run. I hope he gets another year but get the feeling he'll be delisted.

Drew was OK, gets in after it but a lot of his disposals are scrappy, hacked kicks, much like our regular AFL mids. Hope he can improve on that to have a greater impact. Frampton had a shocker, never got to where the ball was and looked disinterested. Marshall competed pretty well but his disposal was disappointing, very sloppy.

Overall, good to win but certainly nothing to write home about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So your argument is because he's on more money we should drop him for an inferior player? You don't get any bonus points at AFL level for goals per dollar m8.

Give him a s**t before slamming him. If you want to use last night as your determinator good luck to you.

Jonts

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 7, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Flagstaff Hill FC, Tottenham
Yeah I don't hate Atleys kicking
Sure it's not great but at AFL level where out of bounds = throw in rather than free kick I'm content to go with it

Jan 16, 2009
Heaps good
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies, Bulls & Cricket Aus
Running into his opponents back after they take a mark is basically Fogartys whole game. I don’t think he has ever missed games for it yet. Serious dud.
He’s obviously an elite set shot but it’s hard to see him making it in 2019 and beyond. Would’ve been a fantastic footballer in the 80’s. He’ll be kicking 100 goals a season in 6 or 7 years for whichever Div 1 clubs wants to pay him the most.

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Personally I would have, only because they thought Duursma would be there at 19. Once he was off the board at 18 they traded their pick to Carlton.

If we didn't select him the tingles would have him, their strategy nearly worked.
Wow ok then lol

SaltnPepperSam

Cancelled
May 20, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Wow ok then lol
Read it again. If they take Duursma at 15, McHenry is definitely not there at 19. If it weren't for us snagging Duursma they could have got both, not just one. Hindsight is obviously 20/20 but their plan nearly worked.

Outright i would take Duursma > McHenry if i only had the one pick in that area, but they had two picks and went for the guy who was definitely going to be off the board first (McHenry) and hoped to get Duursma with 19.

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Read it again. If they take Duursma at 15, McHenry is definitely not there at 19. If it weren't for us snagging Duursma they could have got both, not just one. Hindsight is obviously 20/20 but their plan nearly worked.

Outright i would take Duursma > McHenry if i only had the one pick in that area, but they had two picks and went for the guy who was definitely going to be off the board first (McHenry) and hoped to get Duursma with 19.
So they did miss pick your words . Doesn't even matter crows could of had hately and duursma if they didn't miss pick and how do you know McNugget wouldn't be there at 19 .
Anyway in my opinion they could of got alot better for those 3 first rounders if they didn't miss pick.

SaltnPepperSam

Cancelled
May 20, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So they did miss pick your words . Doesn't even matter crows could of had hately and duursma if they didn't miss pick and how do you know McNugget wouldn't be there at 19 .
Anyway in my opinion they could of got alot better for those 3 first rounders if they didn't miss pick.
A mispick would be selecting a spud, i cant take you serious when you call someone 'McNuggets'.

My preference would be duursma > mchenry if you had a single pick, but they didnt have one pick they had two and had planned to get both, and nearly did get both. Ill stick to my original statement that all three will be good players for the crows, if you want to see mispicks go for Galluci and Polholke for them

Out of curiosity how many games have you seen McHenry play?if you are basing your entire opinion off last night's game that's a yikes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back